CHL and flags

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #1
With us making the CHL for a third year in a row, we thought we’d look to get more flags/scarves for the trips.

Yes we don’t know where we’re going yet but want to get a head start and be ready for the trips.

There was a mostly positive response to the flag taken this year and we’re looking to build on it. A few ideas are being put together currently like some of the euro style flags we seen in Bern/Davos as well as looking at teams like Berlin.
We just want to bring a bit more colour, help atmosphere along the way.

If you have any ideas, please send them through. We don’t know how many we’ll get but we’ll look to put them to a vote. We have a designer within the fan base with the software to put these together ready for production.
We’ve setup a go fund me page to help with costs and we want everyone to be involved, we’re not part of any group, just hockey fans like yourselves who enjoy the euro style of atmosphere and in awe of these teams.

Anyone who wants to support the project, the link is. https://www.gofundme.com/cardiff-devils-chl-flag-fund

Gough60

Giants have a head start on the flag front. You know the one of a fan holding the Challenge Cup in a Belfast kit.
Ah that's right.......................................IT'S YOU.

Devil94

Would definitley be up for supporting this, great idea. I think it would depend on where we go as to what we get. A terraced away section like Davos or Bern would be great for a huge banner, but not so much for somewhere like Liberec. Maybe something like smaller flags or scarves would work for somewhere like that?

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #5
Would definitley be up for supporting this, great idea. I think it would depend on where we go as to what we get. A terraced away section like Davos or Bern would be great for a huge banner, but not so much for somewhere like Liberec. Maybe something like smaller flags or scarves would work for somewhere like that?
Obviously it will be based on that but looking at most who’ve qualified have the large terraces which is ideal.

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #7
We should have some designs to share with everyone soon.

Everyone who donates to the CHL flag fund gets a free silk supporter scarf just like European fans. We will make sure these are not available to buy!

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #9
Positive response to last season's flag! Seriously?
Yes there was. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but fans want to bring more colour especially in Europe.

That flag was just done at home where as any new flags will be produced by a supplier in Cardiff

Ejercito Rojas

The flag in question was a large European style red and white chequered flag with a green border, which I’m pretty sure everyone at the Salzburg and Bern games understood it represented the club colours!
Even SK and BP expressed their positive support for the flag and what it represented and I believe SK has personally pledged funding for another flag for this campaign!
I’d like to add that the flag was neither owned, funded or manufactured by me but I among many others appreciated the time, expense and effort that the long standing Devils supporter went to in his effort to support his team in the CHL.

Sheincar

I was at those games and whilst, yes it had the Welsh flag colours, the design seemed random. Unfortunately no one saw fit to reply to me in a reasoned manner. They just hurled abuse at me to the extent that friends were checking I was ok. These same "fans" to then tweet anti bullying messages was beyond. I assume the owners were happy with the flag as they were give z sensible answer rather than abuse. I have no idea, nor do I care, who made or paid for the flag and don't care if I never see it again.

Pleximan

Positive response to last season's flag! Seriously?
I also thought it was great to see us taking a flag to the CHL and I also appreciate the time and effort that they went to in making that flag.
I think it was a generic flag that represented the club colours and it's great to see Devils fans having a go at making flags and taking then to Europe.

Sheincar, having seen some of your posts, you appear to very comfortable criticising other people and their efforts but not actually doing or saying anything positive yourself.

Having seen other posts regarding the flag that was taken to the CHL games this year I think there generally has been a very positive response, including club officials.

You appear to be in a minority of 1

Sheincar

I also thought it was great to see us taking a flag to the CHL and I also appreciate the time and effort that they went to in making that flag.
I think it was a generic flag that represented the club colours and it's great to see Devils fans having a go at making flags and taking then to Europe.

Sheincar, having seen some of your posts, you appear to very comfortable criticising other people and their efforts but not actually doing or saying anything positive yourself.

Having seen other posts regarding the flag that was taken to the CHL games this year I think there generally has been a very positive response, including club officials.

You appear to be in a minority of 1
That's quite ironic considering I've not been in here for ages. I've criticised something and all of a sudden I'm very negative!

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #17
We should have some designs to release early this week. Some of the flags will be the large ones where as some will be smaller and gets more fans involved.

The generosity of fans has been amazing. £490 raised already, can’t thank everyone enough for their support

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #20
£560 reached, only £40 to go!

Come on folks, dust off those wallets - pretty sure a couple of you at the back haven’t chipped in yet!
Just £30 shy.

Any ideas have been posted via the twitter feed @DevilsCHLfund

Should have some more ideas posted tonight. There’s around 15 ideas currently but there will be 3/4 feature flags and then smaller ones to get as many fans involved as we can