Charles Linglet

OJLloyd

Thread starter #1
Whilst some may accuse me of happy clapping here, I thought it appropriate to open up a discussion about #70, Chucky L.

I know it’s sacrilege to say, but as go to player and points producer, the guy is insane. 32 games and 43 points (14+29), with a +/- of +14, he could be pushing the GOAT. Perhaps Vice GOAT?

That’s some great output from a guy who only came in to this league this year.

I also feel that watching him he looks a step above a lot of other players in the league, which can occasionally mean he’s a little bit ahead of the rest of the guys, but that’s something I’m willing to forgive. Really enjoy watching him play.

His deke-frenzy of a goal a few weeks back, coupled with a shift against Storm where he essentially evaded the entire team to allow for a change, were joyful.

He also appears to be a thoroughly decent bloke, so that’s a plus as well. As far as pickups from higher leagues, I think he can be counted as an absolute plus.

jimmy snels

really enjoy watching him and in general his line. i have often wondered what he would be like with martin and benti, with haddad joining dixon and heddan. pope has been very hit and miss on that line my reasoning.
id sign him up for next season early. will be in demand my bet

Rich Best

Outstanding and one of the reasons I love watching this year and can't understand why some find games boring, he lights the place up! I am intrigued to see whether Joey M can finish top points scorer this year!

OJLloyd

Thread starter #9
really enjoy watching him and in general his line. i have often wondered what he would be like with martin and benti, with haddad joining dixon and heddan. pope has been very hit and miss on that line my reasoning.
id sign him up for next season early. will be in demand my bet
I would like to see those lines. I would also love to see Joey, Joey and Chuck. I can imagine that would be devastating.

Feel a line with Pope, Mo and Ulmer would click.

Realise we aren't a club who announce the length of deals for our players, but Todd has said that Linglet was looking for somewhere to settle down a bit where his kids can go to school. So here's hoping!

CaldicotDevil

I would like to see those lines. I would also love to see Joey, Joey and Chuck. I can imagine that would be devastating.

Feel a line with Pope, Mo and Ulmer would click.

Realise we aren't a club who announce the length of deals for our players, but Todd has said that Linglet was looking for somewhere to settle down a bit where his kids can go to school. So here's hoping!
Would like to see him somehow paired up with Ulmer. To have these two guys with their superior hockey IQs & awesome hand eye co-ordination on the same line together would be a feat to behold. Especially post xmas Layne Ulmer.

kingmo19.1

Whilst some may accuse me of happy clapping here, I thought it appropriate to open up a discussion about #70, Chucky L.

I know it’s sacrilege to say, but as go to player and points producer, the guy is insane. 32 games and 43 points (14+29), with a +/- of +14, he could be pushing the GOAT. Perhaps Vice GOAT?

That’s some great output from a guy who only came in to this league this year.

I also feel that watching him he looks a step above a lot of other players in the league, which can occasionally mean he’s a little bit ahead of the rest of the guys, but that’s something I’m willing to forgive. Really enjoy watching him play.

His deke-frenzy of a goal a few weeks back, coupled with a shift against Storm where he essentially evaded the entire team to allow for a change, were joyful.

He also appears to be a thoroughly decent bloke, so that’s a plus as well. As far as pickups from higher leagues, I think he can be counted as an absolute plus.
Chuckie L now top of the league for points!

Temme

...and Fournier is top for defencemen....
Fourns is #2 overall point scorer, let alone top for D men. the nearest D man to him is down in 28th overall - Calle Ackered - and is some 13 points shy of Fourniers 45 points. (Excluding Josh Roach who is listed as Forward & D - in 20th spot)

He's also +36 in +/- figures - some TEN above the nearest player - Chuckie has been brilliant everywhere at the moment but there's nothing going to eclipse Fourns getting league MVP if this form carries on

Last edited:

jimmy snels

make the most of fourns i think he might be fulfilling the potential we all could see. id imagine the big boys will come calling in the summer if not sooner. he's a better player than blood imho so id imagine the numbers he's putting up are drawing much interest in the market. he skates at an NHL standard and when scouts start seeing these highlight reel goals id imagine he will be being watched with intrigue.

James

Administrator
Fornier's played 60 odd AHL games, he's not exactly under the radar :) But yes, we should do everything to hold onto him as long as possible.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

i think the improvement in his game in his time with us has been exponential. id suggest to them he would be under the radar at this stage