Charge for being a mascot?

Thread starter #1
Didn’t know this was a thing!This is going back a couple of years now but i’ve been a mascot for two different football clubs (Both local teams) and definitely know my parents weren’t charged at the time, you just had to be a member of supporters club and then join the list and wait to be selected..surely this should be the way to go..your thoughts!?

Temme

I've always assumed there was a cost associated with something like this no matter where it was to be honest, were these clubs professional teams?

I guess i don't really have an opinion on this, if the cost is <£50 or so and they get a piece of memorabilia for it then it's not so bad.

Maybe something like
£20 mascot basic
£30 signed 'game' puck from that game
£40 signed framed photo - player of their choice
£80 signed stick
£100 signed jersey (player of choice/team signed)

I've just completely made that up so maybe something similar already exists, but i guess if it's a feature they can offer as a professional sports team and they need to make money like the rest of us?

Thread starter #3
They were both full time professional football clubs yes,I just thought that it was a chance for children to meet their favourite teams players and to have that little bit of a more up close match day experience, and for what is quite a lot of money to have that, maybe it’s just me but I feel it should be free,not another way to make money.Maybe it used to be free a while ago and now it’s the norm.

Temme

They were both full time professional football clubs yes,I just thought that it was a chance for children to meet their favourite teams players and to have that little bit of a more up close match day experience, and for what is quite a lot of money to have that, maybe it’s just me but I feel it should be free,not another way to make money.Maybe it used to be free a while ago and now it’s the norm.
I guess it would be a nice gesture, do they have multiple mascots at football games?
Reason i ask that is i guess there are ~30 home games a season and there's only ever one mascot (or family of mascots), so it would need some exclusivity of some sort, where as in Football games (i haven't watched since 2012!!!) there's a mascot with every player at least??

I'm not the best person to talk with about this as you can tell as i don't have any children and was too old getting into it to be a mascot myself lol.

kettdevil1

It’s now quite normal to charge mascots in football. In one case I know about, the cost was £400 which seems scandalous. There are a few clubs that don’t charge but they are in the minority....

Leighton

if you think about it...

puck sponsorship is 30 quid on its own
jersey with name/number is 95 quid

mascot is 130 with a name-on-the-back jersey and puck sponsorship?

it was 120 when my boy did it a few months ago but i think its gone up a tenner. if you're gonna buy a jersey with a name on the back then you may as well do the mascot especially if they can skate.

the kids love it (as do the adults) and they'll learn some new words whilst in the huddle

E.D.S.

if you think about it...

puck sponsorship is 30 quid on its own
jersey with name/number is 95 quid

mascot is 130 with a name-on-the-back jersey and puck sponsorship?

it was 120 when my boy did it a few months ago but i think its gone up a tenner. if you're gonna buy a jersey with a name on the back then you may as well do the mascot especially if they can skate.

the kids love it (as do the adults) and they'll learn some new words whilst in the huddle
[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk