CHAMPIONS!

Earnie

I am so thrilled for the team, the coach, TK and the owners. Also thrilled for all the fans. The organisation delivered.
That was a great game last night. A fine performance by both Giants and Devils.

E.D.S.

Not sarcastic. The negative overreaction of some fans was ridiculous at the start of the season and clearly upset the management team (and owners). Listen to Todd's interview from last night.

I am so glad this group of players got it done, this team is a massive upgrade on last season in my opinion, and I can't wait to see next year's team as we have players and agents contacting us wanting to play here not the other way round!

And as for Hotham - often the target of criticism on this forum - I was so glad to see him score the winner. Hotham to me will be the hardest player to replace when he retires.
There was something poignant about Hotham scoring. Your best players attract the most attention. When we win it’s because they did what they’re supposed to do. When we lose it’s because they didn’t do what they are supposed to do. Credit to Andrew, he did his job well this season. A truly great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost as sarcastic a comment as some Giants fans behaviour tonight. Why not just enjoy the moment ? As for getting rid of players, it was a case of bringing in a suitable player ( or players ) to bolster our team, our owners also saw the need to make an improvement and allowed us to do that by bringing in Strachan who has been outstanding for us and that is one reason we have maintained our league title.
Must also mention our travelling support, not only tonight but throughout the entire season, you guys have been an absolute credit to our organisation and long may it continue.
I don't find anything sarcastic about Rich's comment - there were plenty of doubters on this forum early on in the season. People in mid November were already conceding the title to Nottingham, and wanting to get rid of the likes of Reddick and Crowder. Even in the Champion's League we apparently only beat a "poor" Davos, and a Lakers team who had a few too many beers the night before.

Even Steve King posted on here about the level of criticism, which he felt was unjustified, and was affecting the team.

Every player played his part, so well done to all of them on securing another title.

Ger-Devils

The party hasn’t stopped in Belfast. A few mates are still over here until tomorrow so we drank with the Fife fans today and still are.

What a feeling. I missed last years game in Sheffield to win it and with me living here, it means a massive to me.

Hopefully the videos I have from the celebrations will be used by the club.

I think this is the most suitable thread for this. I put a bet on with Paddy Power having witnessed Tyson Strachan's debut for the Devils to win the Elite League ragular season (@ 5 to 1). The team have done the business but my bet is still 'Awaiting Result'?! Am I being daft or is this standard practise with Paddy Power? My assumption is they will pay out a week today following the conclusion of the regular season?! I can't find any other EIHL betting at all on their website now so I'm confused.

I think with a season win bet even though they have won it I think it won't get paid out till season is over.
That makes sense, cheers. As you can probably guess I'm not exactly a hardcore gambler. My concern was if that particular bookie has walked away from EIHL betting and therefore I would have to chase them to pay out.

Devil_Abroad

It is hard to overstate the tremendous work Todd Kelman and Andrew Lord have done to instil professionalism into the Devils organization. A culture of accountability and constant improvement has pushed the team to the level it is at today. Combine that with incredible work ethic and you see why we have hoisted the trophies we have.
However none of this is possible without the support of the fans and sponsors. The support goes beyond the financial, as many players have told me the reason they love Cardiff is the personal connections they have made with fans and sponsors.
We have something very special, and It is great to enjoy moments like this.
All wonderful comments Brian and I’m sure the fans appreciate them but without his friends financial backing knowing and understanding his professionalism and will to win we would not be enjoying all this right now - thank you all and Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk