CHAMPIONS!

SteveKing

Still buzzing from that win and seeing that trophy lifted by our players and coaches. What an incredible partnership between club and fans. I LOVED the players posing inside the bench so that our amazing travel fans could be a part of the celebration! Says a lot about the uncommon bond that exists.

Thanks to all of you for your support. Whether your default disposition is positive or negative, we all care for the Devils and that’s what make sports and this club in particular so special.

Congratulations to you all and long may this feeling last!

osh

Which players did you doubters want us to get rid of again?

High fives all round happy clappers!!

What a team!!
Almost as sarcastic a comment as some Giants fans behaviour tonight. Why not just enjoy the moment ? As for getting rid of players, it was a case of bringing in a suitable player ( or players ) to bolster our team, our owners also saw the need to make an improvement and allowed us to do that by bringing in Strachan who has been outstanding for us and that is one reason we have maintained our league title.
Must also mention our travelling support, not only tonight but throughout the entire season, you guys have been an absolute credit to our organisation and long may it continue.

It is hard to overstate the tremendous work Todd Kelman and Andrew Lord have done to instil professionalism into the Devils organization. A culture of accountability and constant improvement has pushed the team to the level it is at today. Combine that with incredible work ethic and you see why we have hoisted the trophies we have.
However none of this is possible without the support of the fans and sponsors. The support goes beyond the financial, as many players have told me the reason they love Cardiff is the personal connections they have made with fans and sponsors.
We have something very special, and It is great to enjoy moments like this.

august04

Almost as sarcastic a comment as some Giants fans behaviour tonight. Why not just enjoy the moment ? As for getting rid of players, it was a case of bringing in a suitable player ( or players ) to bolster our team, our owners also saw the need to make an improvement and allowed us to do that by bringing in Strachan who has been outstanding for us and that is one reason we have maintained our league title.
Must also mention our travelling support, not only tonight but throughout the entire season, you guys have been an absolute credit to our organisation and long may it continue.
The signing of Strachan was the turning point for me. He’s been massively influential and made an enormous difference at the back end at a time of the season when we needed it. A key intervention by the owners at that point in the season. I hope he signs for many years to come.

BostonBart22

CONGRATS TONY SMITH ...ON YOUR COMMENTS AFTER THE DEVILS WON THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON. YOU STATED ITS HARDER TO WIN THE 2ND AFTER THE FIRST ..YES IT WAS HARDER BY FAR BUT EASIER PLAYING YOUR BELOVED STEELERS..PLEASE ..PLEASE KEEP THOMMO IN CHARGE. GOOD LUCK CHASING 5TH OR 6TH PLACE...HAVE YOU GOT ANY COMMENTS AFTER THIS 2ND LGE TITLE IN A ROW .. IF NOT JOG ON..

ASHIPP

CONGRATS TONY SMITH ...ON YOUR COMMENTS AFTER THE DEVILS WON THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON. YOU STATED ITS HARDER TO WIN THE 2ND AFTER THE FIRST ..YES IT WAS HARDER BY FAR BUT EASIER PLAYING YOUR BELOVED STEELERS..PLEASE ..PLEASE KEEP THOMMO IN CHARGE. GOOD LUCK CHASING 5TH OR 6TH PLACE...HAVE YOU GOT ANY COMMENTS AFTER THIS 2ND LGE TITLE IN A ROW .. IF NOT JOG ON..
Sorry but was this neccessary?

Rich Best

Not sarcastic. The negative overreaction of some fans was ridiculous at the start of the season and clearly upset the management team (and owners). Listen to Todd's interview from last night.

I am so glad this group of players got it done, this team is a massive upgrade on last season in my opinion, and I can't wait to see next year's team as we have players and agents contacting us wanting to play here not the other way round!

And as for Hotham - often the target of criticism on this forum - I was so glad to see him score the winner. Hotham to me will be the hardest player to replace when he retires.

Huge congratulations to Lordo and all the guys. Every single one of them deserves to celebrate this title, because it has not been easy by any stretch. It's an incredible achievement to be the best team over the course of 50+ games, twice in a row!! What's that playoff title looking like...... ;)

Wannabe2

It is hard to overstate the tremendous work Todd Kelman and Andrew Lord have done to instil professionalism into the Devils organization. A culture of accountability and constant improvement has pushed the team to the level it is at today. Combine that with incredible work ethic and you see why we have hoisted the trophies we have.
However none of this is possible without the support of the fans and sponsors. The support goes beyond the financial, as many players have told me the reason they love Cardiff is the personal connections they have made with fans and sponsors.
We have something very special, and It is great to enjoy moments like this.
You right Brian the fans are pretty special, just like our Owners.

jimmy snels

well im happy as Larry to see us lift one trophy and will be even better to see it in the flesh again on sunday! congratulations to everyone associated to our club.

on a side note i firmly believe stracs was a turning point and fair play he came in and played 25 mins a night every night and id hazard a guess was scored on the least. His presence also allowed Bryce to play his natural game and a player who most thought wasnt playing very well suddenly became fantastic in most peoples eyes.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #34
I can't wait till tomorrow.

Snow, keep your distance, don't need another game postponed.

We want to see our boys and the cup.

august04

Not sarcastic. The negative overreaction of some fans was ridiculous at the start of the season and clearly upset the management team (and owners). Listen to Todd's interview from last night.

I am so glad this group of players got it done, this team is a massive upgrade on last season in my opinion, and I can't wait to see next year's team as we have players and agents contacting us wanting to play here not the other way round!

And as for Hotham - often the target of criticism on this forum - I was so glad to see him score the winner. Hotham to me will be the hardest player to replace when he retires.
Most of the criticism came at a time in the season when it was justified. We were playing poorly at that time whether you like it or not. The owners took action right at that point, so must have seen it was needed too - and brought Strachan in. The rest is history. Given the very nature of forums, I would say since that point when it was clear that a corner had been turned, the criticism has been limited - perhaps physicality being the only concern that kept cropping up on here and in discussions at the rink and when the odd player here and there has had an absolute stinker, and you’re always going to get that. Maybe the criticism spurred the team on to prove the doubters wrong, rather than just upsetting them. And really speaking, if you can’t take criticism in professional sports, then perhaps a new career might be better. Anyway, we got there and are deserving league champions, best team by a mile this year and Strachan our MVP for me. If he’s not in that EIHL All Star team, it’s criminal.

Slartibartfast

It is amazing to win a second in a row in a league this tough but with the talent we have in this team it is no surprise. This is the best Devils team I have seen in 28 years of watching the game. We have seen some absolutely beautiful individual goals this season and some clinical team goals. (like Joeys tic tac toe goal last night). From Christmas onwards we started making good teams look very average. I agree with Kelman when he said Belfast and Cardiff and miles ahead of the rest. I really hope most of the players stay for another season.
I wish a particularly big Congratulations to the workhorse Andrew Lord. He stuck by his players when we lost and always stayed positive. He played with the lines until he got 4 strong lines which is something few other teams have.
Well done Devils and thank you for a great season.

ASHIPP

What will make this Championship even more satisfying for the Club is that the Devils secured their title 10 points ahead of the next team and with 4 games left to play. And without having to rely upon losses or results of other teams to influence the Devils' position.

A wonderful achievement.

Mazzoak

Stoked to have the league back for a second year. Tomorrow we can celebrate and show our appreciation for the work this years team has achieved, so far. It’ll be a very good night. Let’s not forget the year isn’t over, I’m hoping for play off success, beating competitive opposition, something that for me has been lacking throughout this season, bring home playoff success will, for me, will go some way to appease my opinion.