Champions Hockey League 2021/2022

terry hunt

I suspect that entry to the CHL is not just about league table positions.The Devils organisation and their fans have put in one hell of an effort to give a good account of themselves in europe.
I would not have minded if we were not in the CHL next season as the Devils organisation have a rebuilding job to focus on.
I would hate to see a British team get humiliated next year as a result of the pandemic.The GB team will also have a big hill to climb at the World championships.

moggy#9

I suspect that entry to the CHL is not just about league table positions.The Devils organisation and their fans have put in one hell of an effort to give a good account of themselves in europe.
I would not have minded if we were not in the CHL next season as the Devils organisation have a rebuilding job to focus on.
I would hate to see a British team get humiliated next year as a result of the pandemic.The GB team will also have a big hill to climb at the World championships.
The complete level of the team and the behaviour of the fans has, I suspect, won us a lot of friends in Europe.

I was looking at the schedule for the world championships the other day. GB have a hard opening against Russia. The must win match is against Denmark a few days later. The only other possibility of points is against Belarus as far as I can see.

Kevlar68

Or maybe it was just because we were league leaders at the end of the unfinished season.
That would be the easiest and most fair way to decide which EIHL team gets an invite.
So until a full season was completed the Devils would be the obvious team with a fair enough explanation why and without any arguments.

Hedd Wyn John

Or maybe it was just because we were league leaders at the end of the unfinished season.
That would be the easiest and most fair way to decide which EIHL team gets an invite.
So until a full season was completed the Devils would be the obvious team with a fair enough explanation why and without any arguments.
That's why we were given the slot for the 20/21 CHL so the logic would be to continue with that.

NathanG

Absolutely over the moon with this!! Hopefully EU nations get their acts together with their vaccine rollouts so travel will be permitted. That's always a great trip!!