Challenge Cup Qtr Finals

BostonBart22

If i read the seeding rules correctly
Stars 1st pick choose Clan close to home.
Flames 2nd pick if this is correct then they picked lowest ranking maybe logical but i thought they would want us.
Steelers 3rd pick i asumed they would go for the Panthers for the big paydays they dont really fancy the Giants do they?
No one wants to go to Belfast do they.?
Probably my brain is clogged today.
Panthers hitting peak for their standards this season, I do think we will end up with flames though , my ideal plan , beat flames, then clan, then steelers in final in our barn..

terry hunt

Thread starter #27
I would not be surprised if this game will be added to our existing league fixture.
Depends on the costing otherwise an expensive match up for both teams.I am sure the other clubs like the idea of the Giants/Devils beating each other up.
Dates to be announced today apparently.

Gough60

Cup and league games should be kept separate. Tactics are completely different especially when 2 legs are involved.
Happen'd twice i seem to remember in the tent against Blaze. Got to the stage where 2 points for league were in jeopardy
or push for a place in next round of Cup.
Mind you that was when the cup had a bit more gravitas behind it.

Temme

Cup and league games should be kept separate. Tactics are completely different especially when 2 legs are involved.
Happen'd twice i seem to remember in the tent against Blaze. Got to the stage where 2 points for league were in jeopardy
or push for a place in next round of Cup.
Mind you that was when the cup had a bit more gravitas behind it.
Yeah if i remember correctly there was a really odd situation a few years ago where both teams were pulling their netminder?

Something stupid like one team was behind by 1 goal after 2 legs nearly finishing, and the team that was ahead in the cup aggregate score was 1 goal down on the night, but it was a league & CC game.

I may have made that entire thing up though, or it may have been a different league even.

Good job that doesn't happen anymore, but a major overhaul of cup/league/PO's is still needed (and i'm not ready to get back into that one until at least March time again haha)

Temme

Well Sunday is Black Shirt game so is it a Cup/League match?
Surely we won't be doubling up on a game so important!?

If they do opt to go that way then i guess it won't matter so much with it being the first leg - both teams will be trying all out to win.

However i suspect purely because of the extra revenue of another fixture that they won't do this.

Maybe 1 red 1 black this weekend just to mix it up a little & less laundry between games :p

august04

Surely we won't be doubling up on a game so important!?

If they do opt to go that way then i guess it won't matter so much with it being the first leg - both teams will be trying all out to win.

However i suspect purely because of the extra revenue of another fixture that they won't do this.

Maybe 1 red 1 black this weekend just to mix it up a little & less laundry between games :p
I wouldn’t put anything past this league but it would make a further mockery of the CC if any upcoming league games were doubled up.

Kevin roog

And free sports are showing a game live on 11 th December and again on 18 th December. Wouldn’t be surprised ifs its us.probably game of the round

BostonBart22

I remember nottingham doing this a lot and it was always against devils , i was fuming at the time. dont think the league would ask teams to double up , it would be up to the 2 teams involved, and with potential sellouts just for cup game i cant see it..

moggy#9

I remember nottingham doing this a lot and it was always against devils , i was fuming at the time. dont think the league would ask teams to double up , it would be up to the 2 teams involved, and with potential sellouts just for cup game i cant see it..
To be honest I think that the very idea of doubling up on the significance of a fixture stinks of bush league level administration.

terry hunt

Thread starter #38
My apologise for stirring the pot it was not deliberate.
I was looking at it from the viewpoint of other clubs who must be under pressure to win trophies.
One of the perks being in the CHL competition is we are playing catch up as well as Belfast.
Must be a nightmare for our organisation setting up a team for so many different competitions.

Kevin roog

I think we are playing away first . So if we are doubling up this weekend. We are probably playing away to Belfast tomorrow. Once again. Not happening