Challenge cup final

Jonesy83

After 40 minutes of trying and getting all kinds of different messages about tickets not being available / selecting to many tickets etc, website crashing, phone line being engaged, I’d given up all hope.

Then my girlfriend text me to say she had 2 in Block 7, so we are going again this year :)

I suppose I’m going to have to buy her valentines present now!

ASHIPP

Well done to those who managed to buy tickets. Very disappointing to keep trying from 12.00 and when finally get through, they are sold. But it is a lottery on a slow overloaded system that does not filter users into an orderly queue......or operate in realtime so you can see what is truly available. Had two tickets in basket at 12.02 - clicked on 'add to basket' and the message confirmed already been bought! After several crashes and refreshes even those odd or single seats showing 'available' were actually all sold, so the message said. All sold in less than 20 minutes?

I heard that people could book up to a max of 10 tickets in one go - is that right? If so, that's very harsh on the other fans trying to buy 1, 2 , 3 or so tickets.

I, too, am joining the increasing queue of people optimistically looking for 2 tickets together anywhere for the CC Final. Please pm if , if by some miracle, you have any available.

Last edited:

Earnie

I could be wrong but I do not think today's allocation was sold out by say 1220.
Bit like Nottingham I believe the booking system told all sorts of untruths.
I went to the front desk. Not many waiting , plenty staff and no trouble getting three tickets.

Have Hope#35

I could be wrong but I do not think today's allocation was sold out by say 1220.
Bit like Nottingham I believe the booking system told all sorts of untruths.
I went to the front desk. Not many waiting , plenty staff and no trouble getting three tickets.
I got 2 for Friends online at 12:40pm... The Block I bought them in was showing as Sold Out at 12:15 so clearly some had come back online!? I assume this is down to Tickets being shown again after being released from someones Basket?

A-G

I remember last year people mentioned issues with the site when logging in and yet I was able to go straight in and get great seats in block 9. This year, other side of the coin when I had the same payment/basket issues others had. Just one of those things.
Devils would probably have to charge a lot more to jump on a platform like Ticketmaster to ensure a better service however. Maybe the EIHL should host and sell tickets for the Challenge Cup final rather than rely on the host club, unless that's part of the award process of the final?
At least there will be a stack of Devils fans there to conjure up a great atmosphere like last Wednesday and anyone requiring tickets I would expect to see a few tickets pop up on the marketplace over the next week or so.

Gospel

missed out last year due to the problems of not being let to pay for the tickets then tickets had gone, this year could even get a damn ticket. its sucks but there we go.

Hedd Wyn John

Tried my best to get tickets but no matter what I did just couldn’t get a ticket to go into my basket without a)the site crashing b)being told the seat was no longer available or c)that my number of tickets was too high . I went through every single block and no luck. I gave up after 40 mins.

If this isn’t an example of the IAW being too small I don’t know what is. If anyone has a spare single ticket let me know.

Like everyone else appeared to have a ticket in my basket only to see the webpage crash! Even had a message telling me I had chosen more than my allocation and I was only trying to get 1 ticket !! Eventually got lucky and landed a seat in block 2 ....

Hedd Wyn John

Like everyone else appeared to have a ticket in my basket only to see the webpage crash! Even had a message telling me I had chosen more than my allocation and I was only trying to get 1 ticket !! Eventually got lucky and landed a seat in block 2 ....
There were quite a few tickets in block 2, but unfortunately despite numerous attempts I just couldn’t get one. Oh well. That’s just how it goes.

pjj365

Tried my best to get tickets but no matter what I did just couldn’t get a ticket to go into my basket without a)the site crashing b)being told the seat was no longer available or c)that my number of tickets was too high . I went through every single block and no luck. I gave up after 40 mins.

If this isn’t an example of the IAW being too small I don’t know what is. If anyone has a spare single ticket let me know.
It's nothing to do with IAW being small but a rubbish ticketing ststem

There were quite a few tickets in block 2, but unfortunately despite numerous attempts I just couldn’t get one. Oh well. That’s just how it goes.
I agree about that comment on block 2 , the number of times I clicked on an “available “ seat only to have a message saying seat sold or I had exceeded my allocation was winding me up ! . So I refreshed the seats and found that the seats were still showing as “available “ ! I just re-clicked on each and retried, refreshed the seats then finally I got my seat! Sorry you weren’t successful.!

kingmo19.1

I agree about that comment on block 2 , the number of times I clicked on an “available “ seat only to have a message saying seat sold or I had exceeded my allocation was winding me up ! . So I refreshed the seats and found that the seats were still showing as “available “ ! I just re-clicked on each and retried, refreshed the seats then finally I got my seat! Sorry you weren’t successful.!
Haha... I think I was battling with you for the seats in Block2. I had one in my basket and the system said ‘I had exceeded my allocation’! Pretty annoying eh! Good on you for securing a seat - I need to improve my mouse clicking speed :). Intensive training underway for next time.