Challenge cup blaze vs clan

Temme

Thread starter #1
Coventry currently 3-1 up, making it 4-4 on aggregate...
5 to go in 3rd.

'Come on you Blaze!' (Even though it pains me to say it :lol: )

This is what I've just copied and pasted from the official game sheet on the Elite League website: " Bonehead Clan call 30 second timeout at 51.22"

Either typing error or the league are getting harsh!

Diafol

Wow.
We have to win the semi final now, we just have to.

I have tickets for the final, I can't possibly cheer for any of the others on the day :lol:

jimmy snels

Happy for the blaze, happy it's an away trip we can realistically do and glad it will hopefully shut up their suprisingly egotistic fans who think because they beat Edinburgh and Dundee every week their amazing.

Stick that in your bagpipes jockroaches! :lol: :lol: :lol:

James

Administrator
Ugh. We must be on track for some sort of record for number of times we play the same team in a season. I'd much rather have seen the Clan again

jimmy snels said:
I know we've played them a lot but surely we want the easier route to silverware?
Exactly what my response was going to be, as much as we're all as fed up of the Blaze as they are with us, I fancy us to progress a lot more than I did if it were the Clan.

Let's Go Devils!!

James

Administrator
If you wanna win the cup you have to beat the best. Not sure the clan are particularly better than Blaze. They weren't tonight

Wagstaff

jimmy snels said:
I know we've played them a lot but surely we want the easier route to silverware?
Wasn't that what ClanFans were saying at 7.00 tonight?
They were already discussing how they should play their own game against the Devils and it should be a straight forward win for them!

jimmy snels

Haha point taken. I just think we've beaten you quite a lot this season and it is potentially easier for us, especially with less travel. Chuck has defo got blaze playing better mind

kettdevil1

Wagstaff said:
jimmy snels said:
Precisely, dangerous attitude to take, the Blaze have already show that they can beat us, Stewart is a quality nettie and Cov really have little else to focus on. Any complacency and we could slip up, focus and we have a great chance.

Wagstaff

kettdevil1 said:
Wagstaff said:
jimmy snels said:
Precisely, dangerous attitude to take, the Blaze have already show that they can beat us, Stewart is a quality nettie and Cov really have little else to focus on. Any complacency and we could slip up, focus and we have a great chance.
I can't see Andrew Lord letting your lads take their foot off the gas no matter what the score is and being realistic I would think over the two legs you will have the advantage....... But then I didn't give us a chance of turning it round tonight, especially with 4 players out.
For those of you who still wear a red Cowley shirt he and his wife welcomed their baby girl into the world today.

Wagstaff said:
kettdevil1 said:
Wagstaff said:
jimmy snels said:
I can't see Andrew Lord letting your lads take their foot off the gas no matter what the score is and being realistic I would think over the two legs you will have the advantage....... But then I didn't give us a chance of turning it round tonight, especially with 4 players out.
For those of you who still wear a red Cowley shirt he and his wife welcomed their baby girl into the world today.
Congrats to them.

Koop11

I wasn’t expecting that result! 4 guys short away from home against the league leaders. Not to mention a 3 goal deficit. Huge well done to the Blaze. Its just want their season needed after arguably their worst in their history so far.

Lets all be honest, we would all prefer this semi final than having to travel to Glasgow to play the Clan over two legs. However, this now in some respects becomes a harder semi final for us. Coventry are one of only three teams to have beaten us at home this year (Clan weren’t one of the other two). Coventry are only playing for a playoff spot where as we still have a league title to challenge. The cup therefore is their only chance to salvage something from the regular season. They also have in my opinion the best goalie in the league and in these knockout cups games, it’s your goalie who can will you the tie.

After this result, I think Braehead either move closer to their first league title as all their focus on this.