Challenge Cup Banner

This should have been raised ages ago! What is the matter with the club? God forbid, we (the patient fans) waited a very long 9 years for that so please get something organized!

Gotta give credit to Sheffied, raising the League Banner before we played them on the weekend.

Shame we were not on the ball and raised the Challenge Cup banner when we beat them weekend before last.

Milky

Errrrrrrr, I don't think anything is wrong with the club. What a bizarre comment to make. I think they've pretty much nailed everything so far since the takeover.

I'm sure they've got a good reason for it, maybe as an event at the new rink. Who knows.

Have Hope#35

kingmo19.2 said:
This should have been raised ages ago! What is the matter with the club? God forbid, we (the patient fans) waited a very long 9 years for that so please get something organized!

Gotta give credit to Sheffied, raising the League Banner before we played them on the weekend.

Shame we were not on the ball and raised the Challenge Cup banner when we beat them weekend before last.
Simple answer: Nothing!

When the biggest issue is when we are going to raise a champions banner, I would tend to agree that there really isn't much wrong with the club!

wildthing74

I would assume the move to the new rink will see new banners replace the existing ones? Might be worth waiting a few months until we are in there.

Milky

bluedevil said:
When the biggest issue is when we are going to raise a champions banner, I would tend to agree that there really isn't much wrong with the club!
Don't worry bluedevil, this isn't the biggest issue in the club anymore....... apparently the newly painted blue line is the wrong shade :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pjj365

It's a Friday evening - time to be silly

We should have a leaving the tent ceremony taking existing banners down then parade them round the corner to raise them (or have a swap ceremony for new ones and raised them) and the new CC Banner in the new arena

Torch lit would be good (providing no one torches the tent) and I can't help but feel alcohol will need to be involved

Any sillier ideas?

DevilDom

I'd love to see this done in the new rink preferably in the first game we play the steelers there if that isn't too long after we move in.

wildthing74

Still would have preferred it being in the first game next door but classy letting Dougie get to see it having been part of the team that won it.

SteveKing

Gutted that I'm not going to be there for this. I know they did try to have it ready in time for the game that we were there but there was a technical snafu. I am pleased that Dougie will be there for it though. I'll be watching at home with my red goal helmet on :D