CC Seedings

pjj365

Thread starter #1
If we win in regulation tonight our results will be identical to Giants except on goal difference where we are already ahead

I can't find the seeding rules but will that goal difference mean we would be top seed or is there another criteria?

pjj365

Thread starter #4
Flames beating MK by more than 5 - would that be a spanner in the works?
Looks like it might
WARNING my manipulation of table stats is prone to error but here goes
If we wipe out Blaze games now, then
Devils 3w 1l
Flames 2w 1l
Lightning 1w 2l
As all games so far have completed in regulation goal difference could count

Finny

Apologies if this is a daft question but why would we wipe out the Blaze games?
2 of the CC groups have 4 teams and 1 has 3.
So once the fixtures are all over the bottom team from the two groups of 4 is elimated and their results removed.
That gives three groups of three teams. The top 8 of whom qualify for the Quarter-Finals.

pjj365

Thread starter #8
Looks like it might
WARNING my manipulation of table stats is prone to error but here goes
If we wipe out Blaze games now, then
Devils 3w 1l
Flames 2w 1l
Lightning 1w 2l
As all games so far have completed in regulation goal difference could count
Just read Jonesy83 link - goal difference is not the next deciding factor after equal points, OT wins etc.
I give up trying to work out the seedings if Flames win final game - my brain hurts

BostonBart22

As far as i know top seed pick the next opponents, so if devils top seed who would you pick,,obviously not a scottish team, MK would do for me or will the club look for a moneyspinner , shuff or panthers

E.D.S.

2 of the CC groups have 4 teams and 1 has 3.
So once the fixtures are all over the bottom team from the two groups of 4 is elimated and their results removed.
That gives three groups of three teams. The top 8 of whom qualify for the Quarter-Finals.
Thank you Finny and Jonesy83.

Pretty sure MK will be the team out of 9 to be eliminated - both of their wins in the Challenge Cup have come against Coventry therefore they are on zero points and a huge negative goal difference mostly thanks to us beating them 9-1. From my calculations they would need to beat Guilford by about 10 on the weekend to go through