CC Final

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
Hey all, without trying to tempt fate, am i right in thinking that if we get through to the final we will be the Away team, and therefore sitting in the 'Visitor' section?

Thanks.

kettdevil1

Tempting fate? I think that is waving a bare backside at fate.... :lol:

I keep remembering what the Blaze did to the Clan in the quarters.....but will bookmark the page, just in case it is needed ;)

Rempel16

Thread starter #4
Haha, it's a risk, but the opposite side of the rink is fairly busy already, whilst there's good seats available for the Cardiff/Coventry side.

wildthing74

I won't be booking tickets just yet! Came close to booking flights/hotel to Glasgow based on Blaze's home result against Braehead and look what happened in the return leg.

Three goals is a beautiful lead but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Rempel16 said:
I'm more concerned that they will sell out Wednesday once the winner's of Nottingham and Sheffield are confirmed.
Funny you mention this. I emailed the EIHL with the exact same query as you can be assured if Steelers get through, they're going to sell more than just their allocation, leaving us (or Blaze, of course) with less than allocated. Here was their reply, which didn't really solve anything:

Thanks for the email - the designated home and away areas hold around 3000
seats in each and the neutral area holds 3200 so I would be very surprised
if either Sheffield or Nottingham fans need to consider encroaching into
the away team areas. It is being monitored by the Motorpoint arena but
right now there is a slow uptake in ticket sales until the two finalists
have been decided. Next Wednesday night the final two will be known so we
are talking about a 24 hour period in which Sheffield/Nottingham fans can
buy a ticket over either Coventry or Cardiff fans. I don't see this being
an issue. Come back if your still concerned.

If Cardiff or Coventry are the away team why have seats in the Away team allocated blocks already been sold? One would not expect them to go until the winner of our tie was known. Are these to guaranteed fans of either team taking a risk or others not connected to either team?

Diafol

I was going to the final anyway so booked seats in the away block just in case we made it.
Maybe others have done the same ?

d20

Why was this final picked to be on a sunday,could they not have put this game as a saturday I know there would be other fixtures but make more of a point to give it a saturday so maybe even more fans and families would come to it as an event ,I have 2 young ones who would love to go but with a 4 f.o and then probably leave at 7.30 ish if lucky it would be late getting back as they have school the next day,can the elite league not think of these things to get more fans to go .

drainage

d20 said:
Why was this final picked to be on a sunday,could they not have put this game as a saturday I know there would be other fixtures but make more of a point to give it a saturday so maybe even more fans and families would come to it as an event ,I have 2 young ones who would love to go but with a 4 f.o and then probably leave at 7.30 ish if lucky it would be late getting back as they have school the next day,can the elite league not think of these things to get more fans to go .
Seems Spandau Ballet are thee on 6th guess it's possible they can't dismantle everything for ice to be ready by 7th ? That's just me guessing also looks as though the venue is pretty busy all way through Mar?

But yes they probably have ruled out a lot of families attending by having it on Sun in Shuff

DevilDom

d20 said:
I don't see your problem - it will be fine for the Steeler or Panthers fans. :twisted:

Does anyone know how the gate money etc is being split? Whilst I understand the benefiits of a stand alone final, the previous way would have meant a good chunk of cash for both finallists!

Gough60

Mentioned this on "who would you prefer" thread:-
If we get to final, have to remember we play stars at home the night before.
Is it possible to reschedule or is it just tough titty? :DWD