Carruth Going?

Finny

Extremely unprofessional and disappointed in Carruth too, to have let this news be released before our season is over.
I'd start Kozun tonight.
Looks like the announcement caught the Devils by surprise too, no mention of it anywhere yet although I suspect that will change later today!
Not sure we can blame Carruth. Most players will already have their agents looking into options by now. Especially as this season ends late and next season looks to be starting at the usual time.

BostonBart22

Is this why Skalde went. There were rumours regarding his relationship with
Extremely unprofessional and disappointed in Carruth too, to have let this news be released before our season is over.
I'd start Kozun tonight.
Looks like the announcement caught the Devils by surprise too, no mention of it anywhere yet although I suspect that will change later today!
Why kozun, carruth still got contract with us .

E.D.S.

Agree with Finny. If Carruth wanted this out there I’m sure he would have done it via social media or engaged with the Devils to do it. This looks like poor show from his new team but big deal. He’s got a chance of a trophy in the next two weeks and he’ll want to win it. Shame he’s going but no dramas. We’ll crack on.

moggy#9

Major loss, he won so many games for us in those tight games, but will I'm sure be replaced by another cracker...Motte or Shane Owen anyone..?
Why does everyone keep coming back to candidates already in the country? There are loads of options in North America and Europe better than either of those two.

With regards to the timing of this, there may have been a genuine misunderstand since our season was originally scheduled to bed over by now (wasn't it?). Otherwise a complaint should be going into the iihf about this.

august04 2.0

I can’t see how Carruth could have controlled this.
Very unprofessional of his new team to announce before our season has ended.
I think Carruth could have insisted on it being kept quiet until our season is over, as part of the deal. I think it stinks that they’ve announced it now to be honest.

moggy#9

Obviously Bowns is an option, and if he is available I'm sure he'll be back. And we should give that Welsh lad from Dundee a call too....
What carruth showed us the standard we need to aim for. His rebound control and pick handling has been a level advice most of the other goalies in this league. I certainly wouldn't have bownsy back if he's insists on starting the majority of games.

The kid from Dundee has had some great games, but there's a massive difference between doing that for half a dozen games and maintaining the consistency over a season.

jenks33

I can’t see us going back to Bowns. After his final season with us he pretty much admitted that he’d lost his hunger in the EIHL and wanted a fresh challenge. I know he’s had some time away but I think he would be in a comfort zone in cardiff and Todd probably knows that.

Devil94

What carruth showed us the standard we need to aim for. His rebound control and pick handling has been a level advice most of the other goalies in this league. I certainly wouldn't have bownsy back if he's insists on starting the majority of games.

The kid from Dundee has had some great games, but there's a massive difference between doing that for half a dozen games and maintaining the consistency over a season.
I think we would be stupid not to go for a goalie who knows the league and the club inside out, has won the league twice, play offs twice and challenge Cup twice, with him playing in almost every game. Tier 1 Intentional starting goalie, decent stats in Europe. And crucially will allow us an extra import skater.

You could argue very successfully that Carruth is the 'better' netminder on the ice, more entertaining too, but when looking at the whole package, including his personality/mindset, for a team environment is it actually better? After all, Mac has won bugger all in his pro career.

He might not be available anyway, or might not want to come back. But to turn our nose up on our most successful goalie of all time would be silly.

august04 2.0

I think we would be stupid not to go for a goalie who knows the league and the club inside out, has won the league twice, play offs twice and challenge Cup twice, with him playing in almost every game. Tier 1 Intentional starting goalie, decent stats in Europe. And crucially will allow us an extra import skater.

You could argue very successfully that Carruth is the 'better' netminder on the ice, more entertaining too, but when looking at the whole package, including his personality/mindset, for a team environment is it actually better? After all, Mac has won bugger all in his pro career.

He might not be available anyway, or might not want to come back. But to turn our nose up on our most successful goalie of all time would be silly.
Don’t get your hopes up, sounds like he’s Nottingham bound.

terry hunt

The Panthers website has an interview with Doucet this includes some of the Bowns situation.
I am not repeating details of any rumours i have heard because they are just that.
We know there have been several similar incidents like this but our management decide to keep these in house.
Mychan,Dease,Faryna and i am sure others.
I will always support our management because they have shown restraint and dignity and wont air the dirty linen in public.

jenks33

But I think we would be stupid not to go for a goalie who knows the league and the club inside out, has won the league twice, play offs twice and challenge Cup twice, with him playing in almost every game. Tier 1 Intentional starting goalie, decent stats in Europe. And crucially will allow us an extra import skater.

I alluded to Carruth’s on ice personality earlier. Don’t get me wrong he’s a great goalie but I’d be interested to know what his teammates and coaches think of his antics (not that we’re ever likely to know). They might love it but give me a goalie that goes about his business quietly any day of the week. Carruth’s certainly in the Jordan Binnington school of goalies which is bloody entertaining but I’m not always convinced it’s ideal.
That’s just an opinion by the way. A goalie that makes it all about him can certainly work, Look at Patrick Roy! In my opinion he’s the best goalie of all time. Generally though I’d want a cool, calm goalie.