Cardiff Fire

Thread starter #1
Seen Cardiff Fire signed two new players last week on social media, this time from Cardiff Devils NIHL 1 team in Josh Haslam and David Sadler, this makes them look very strong roster wise for this season.
Got to watch them at Swindon two weeks back, got some lines clicking there and really did look strong playing some nice hockey in that game.

These are the links on that signing news?
http://cardiff-fire.com/fire-sign-centre/
http://cardiff-fire.com/cardiff-fire-ad ... er-player/

Also for those that maybe interested seen they have their first trip to Isle of Wight this Sunday 29th on Facebook.
Coach is leaving the tent at 10am, cost is £20 I think and just seen on Twitter they have a few spaces left to fill for those maybe interested?

Great signings for the fire, can only add strength to the squad , having seen these 2 play
will cause concern for other teams ? i watched NIHL last night and you have to ask the question how did they allow these 2 to leave ? was there any attempt to keep them , i have posted previously my feelings for nihl 1 and after last nights performance the alarm bells should be ringing, Defence was poor , where was the import player ? MK were not a great side but were allways in the right position , we were no way near , hard weekend for them
and it aint going to get easier , ;)

Is anyone interested in actually supporting the Fire? I used to be a semi-regular attendee of ENL Devils games a few years back (before it was NIHL) and the attendances were always very minimal. Granted, people are naturally going to be less inclined to watch a lower division team as it is, let alone the venue being effectively in the middle of nowhere.

However, given that the area that is billed as 'The Bay' (but most definitely not 'The Bay') is seeing more development these days, perhaps the traffic of the area will increase and help attendances of the Fire and NIHL Devils as well as the Elite league side.

I'm a massive supporter (in spirit) of the Fire, but the reality is, they haven't actually played a home game yet but I would love to get down to one.

Hopefully when the IAW is up and running and the Devils' grow in popularity the Fire and NIHL Devils can benefit from this too.

The Steeldogs manage to maintain an EPL side so I don't see why the people of South Wales can't be Devils and Fire fans.

JC23

Personally I can't wait for the Fire to start playing home games.

I'm a massive Devils fan, and also a big fan of Cardiff Ice Hounds (the rec team that a couple of the fire boys previously played for) so cannot wait to have another great bunch of lads to support.

Let's go Fire!

Kal

I'd give it a go. Out of interest does it/how much does it cost to watch other teams at the BBT atm?

Yeah guys! I'm totally down for going down to a game!

I remember ENL games being free for me back when I was a season ticket holder, but mates who came down with me had to pay around £5.00.

I'll message Cudds now and see what kind of ticket prices we'll be looking at.

august04

James said:
If the fire's first home game is next week, why is it not ready for the Devils till later in the month ?
I think the Devils want to play that Sheffield game at the BBT and maximise home advantage. I can't believe they couldn't play that game on the 21st at IAW if they really wanted to.

JC23

Makes sense to have the Devils train on the big ice for a bit before making the move no?

Also, let's be honest, the Steelers hate the BBT...so let's just keep them there for one last game. ;)

Kal

JC23 said:
Makes sense to have the Devils train on the big ice for a bit before making the move no?

Also, let's be honest, the Steelers hate the BBT...so let's just keep them there for one last game. ;)
While I'd like to think we've done it just to annoy the Steelers I'm sure it was just bad timing. When we needed to get tickets on sale IAW probably wasn't ready and didn't have a date for us.

Sheincar

tigertemme said:
Wonder if the fire are test pilots for the IAW so they can iron out issues with boards, ice, sound etc
Have to confess that was my thought too. Better that than the Devils first game being a disaster due to off ice issues.

matbur

Do they play the league below the EIHL, what's the standard like? Is it just local players?

I'd be interested in keep an eye on them and maybe going to the odd game.

JC23

matbur said:
Do they play the league below the EIHL, what's the standard like? Is it just local players?

I'd be interested in keep an eye on them and maybe going to the odd game.
Jason Stone on their roster, along with guys who have been in and around NIHL/EPL for a long while.

Standard is pretty good to be fair, the team are definitely too good for their league.

Next game is tomorrow night at IAW.

We have now won the league silverware....

With the Elite Devils season now finished after the playoff weekend and the NIHL1 Devils relegated, there are no more conflicting games.

But we are still playing. Our final league game is this Saturday (9th) v Isle Of Wight then we have the playoff semi finals the following weekend (16th & 17th) home and away v Peterborough Islanders. If we manage to beat them we will play the weekend after (23rd & 24th) against either Chelmsford Warriors or Basingstoke Buffalo (the other semi final) again home and away.

We have already had some very good attendance and seen many Devils shirts in the crowd which is great. We really could do with a big push and as much support as possible as we try to take the playoff title to go with the league title.

Come on down ..... Cardiff Ice Hockey season isn't over just yet.

ARMS

JC23

Cardiff Fire season 2.

Currently on an unbeaten 8 game winning streak in all competitions. Some new blood in the team this year with Sam Smith (yes, THAT Sam Smith from the record breaking team) and a lot of young talent joining on with the core of a very good team from last year.

Sadly they have no more home games before the new year, but I'm sure the guys would love everyone who is able to attend the home games in the new year coming down.

At only £6 entry, £3 for students and concessions, and a family ticket for £12, what's not to love when the Devils are away!?

I can never understand why more Devils fan don't watch the Fire when the Devils are either playing away or haven't got a game. We go to most home games and it's excellent value for money and always entertaining!

The standard of hockey is good and it's great to see players putting 100% effort into every shift.

We love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk