Cardiff Fire Eiha Division 2

Mooney#16

Led to believe the DCF will not be running NIHL teams but have entered a team into the new Under 20 league as the senior DCF team.

As no Cardiff NIHL was to be entered Cudds has established this independent team known as Cardiff Fire.

Hopefully both teams see great success and this will put to bed the negative politics of last year.

I'm a little confused now, on June 7th Cardiff Devils NIHL posted this on Twitter " Back in NIHL 1 for next season, great meeting today with the boys, going forward the futures bright, "

Cudds set up Cardiff Fire last season but they did not ice. And they have recently posted this "The Management of Cardiff Fire IHC are excited to confirm that Cardiff Fire have been offered and accepted a position in the EIHA National League division 2".

I also understand (from THF) that Cardiff Devils are to run an U20's side that will also play in EIHA National League division 2".

That to me would suggest that playing from the BBT this year there will be one side in NIHL 1 and two sides from NIHL2, amyone know if this is correct?

Kipper

I think there is one team in NIHL1 based on last year's team and a team in the new U20. Cardiff Fire run by Cudd is a separate organisation playing in a NIHL2. I think this is right but am happy to be corrected by someone who knows more

Ocko

They should've but got dispensation because Bristol did not want the promotion. It will be interesting the season after next if Fire get promoted, if Devils NIHL are relegated I'm sure Cudds would gladly accept a position in NIHL1 and take their place. If they aren't relegated then it's creates one hell of a derby!

So if this is the case the NIHL div 2 side will be no longer ?? where will all those players go
,cudds fire team, nihl 1 ? who if all players return have a full team, :?: can see the rec teams expanding from the DCF mess ,,