Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

DevilDan said:
Ger-Devils said:
Throwdown on the devils forum :p hardcore has a way of sneaking in anywhere!

Looking at what everyone wrote we have 100% rights to say we are the best fans and team in the UK. Even with 4 players down it sounds like the atmosphere didn't falter and neither did the guy on the ice.

I'm am very proud to call myself a fan of the Cardiff Devils.
every fan got behind the team and when the Squeeler fans tried to make some noise we got going and just chanted all night, we were 5 regular players dowm (3 being D men) an,d we put on a fantastic performance, priase to every single player that ice'd for us tonight, they all put in 110% effort in and it paid off.

No complaints from me :lol: I'm very happy from tonights events.

Just annoyed that I was stuck in Birmingham for it!

Anyone fancy covering a 12 hour shift today so I can go watch the away game instead?

drainage

Gaz G said:
J.B said:
As I said at the start of the season, I can't see any team stopping the Devils from winning the league championship this year. Well done guys and well done to Matt for funding the project.
haha. Blaze struggling aswell are they? 4 imports down tonight you dip s**t. Only paid 11 players for tonights performance and still won.
Uh ? Whats that about ... any need or point?

drainage

It was like Christmas !! I honestly thought we'd be struggling not to be totally dominated- am now left wondering if we are that good or the Squeelers are worse than I thought ? The delay of game was a travesty (thats a surely a ban for Darnell!!) If I was a squeeler I would be eternally grateful I got a point thats my only downside that they did !! I thought the team were immense - Ben is looking better and better , Smith was amazing, Jarvis was amazing, Ricardson was amazing, Michel was - hell you know how it goes !!

What an outstanding performance !

PS Cruikshank spat his dummy out anyone found it !!!!!

Gaz G

apologies for my last comment. Was very excited last night and may of taken jb's comment about matt funding the project the wrong way.

Just reading the squeelers posts from last night, most of them berating the squeelers performance and then all of a sudden I get to one posted this morning with the fabulous line 'overall the steerlers were the better team'.

I really hope this persons tongue was firmly emdedded in their cheek!

Finny

Gaz G said:
apologies for my last comment. Was very excited last night and may of taken jb's comment about matt funding the project the wrong way.
TBH - I don't think you did. They're trying to wind us up via a different method now, so it might be best just to ignore them.

Ger-Devils

DevilDan said:
Ger-Devils said:
Throwdown on the devils forum :p hardcore has a way of sneaking in anywhere!

Looking at what everyone wrote we have 100% rights to say we are the best fans and team in the UK. Even with 4 players down it sounds like the atmosphere didn't falter and neither did the guy on the ice.

I'm am very proud to call myself a fan of the Cardiff Devils.
Haha it will definately keep them going!

Also one for the ENL lads who were playing. keep playing like they did last night and it will be great to see them make the step up in the next year or two! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xm9d8suOEI

wildthing74

Wow,what a result and what a performance.Really thought even with all the grit and determination of the guys that with 5 players down we would struggle to keep the score down tonight and how wrong I was.
Went to the game in a foul mood after the City debacle earlier in the day and ours boys showed us we are still the best CLUB in the country.
To a man(woman and child)the fans got behind the team and willed the result and that was more than matched by the guys on the ice who gave 110% at least.
Richardson class,Jarvo class,G class,smithy class,Hilly class etc etc.
On the way in to the rink,Steeler muppets being as arrogant as ever no doubt expecting an easy win against our depleated team.Well I got words for you boys,we got more heart and passion than you will ever have. I would be embarresed if my team could not beat a side that through the usual league carve up and being 4 imports down.Your guys could notmatch the hunger and desire of our young brits,thought it better to try and fight them?
I wholeheartedly hate you and all stand for and we got this result because it was you.The team feel like we do and I look forwarding to seeing what we do with a full bench later in the season(unless the league can find some other way to make it easier for you in banning half the team again).
Wonder what spin the Sheffield press can put on this failure by a bunch of losers?

Russky

Having slept on and reconsidered the performance last night I keep coming back to the same conclusion: We were awesome! Richardson was immense and lead by example - a real quality performance and deserved his MOM award! Despite the combined best efforts of the Sheffield branch of the Elite League disciplinary committee and Mr Tom Darnell (a clone of Andy Carson?) to disadvantage us as much as possible we still Won!

This Devils team DEFINITELY has a never say die attitude and they NEVER know when they are beaten! The Brits of Fisher,Watkins Manson (I thought he'd retired from top level british hockey to concentrate on a real job!) and Hayes really stepped up and performed against the most hostile of provocation particularly from Hutchins! Well Done to Towey for standing up to Hutchins' bully boy antics on Ben Davies - another outstanding performance from him!!!

More of the same tonight please. The Squeelers must be 'bricking it' as we still have 3 more imports icing tonight!

wildthing74

As if J.B.Backhanded dig off you as usual as picked up by another poster.Gaz's reaction may have been OTT but he took in the way you intended.

What dig? Devils fans say well done to Matt Burge for putting his money where his mouth is to put an exciting team on the ice and everyone says "well said" and I say it and it is a "dig"?

wildthing74

Thats how you play it.It was taken by Gaz as am implication that we are paying more than the wage cap and considering that you are not our biggest fan,I feel he may have been right.Personally,I nornally ignore your posts and find myself surprised to be even commenting on yours.

wildthing74 said:
Thats how you play it.It was taken by Gaz as am implication that we are paying more than the wage cap and considering that you are not our biggest fan,I feel he may have been right.Personally,I nornally ignore your posts and find myself surprised to be even commenting on yours.
Actually on reflection why would anyone need to thank an owner for funding a project (strange term for a sports team too !!) I think you may well be right here Mr Wildthing !I see a dig !!!

Max Beerbarrell said:
I think it was Sheppard and Cruikshank who I could see shouting across the ice asking Hutchins why had he given away such a stupid pen at that time. It was fitting really considering the guy had tried to flatten Davies and then fought Towe that he was the one who lost the game for the Steelers. Strap a pair on Jeff and take on someone your own size!

Max
I was surprised when Sheffield first signed Hutchins, what a waste of an import slot he really is. Has rarely had the bottle to take on anyone other than Brits and then no one bigger than himself. Will be surprised if he sees the season out at Sheffield if their form remains the same.

Koop11

Holy sheeeet! What a game! My first game back after honeymoon and what a game to come back to. I was gutted when my brother told me about the game against Hull last week that I missed and it was sods law that the league and its influencial bods tucked us up for this weekends game. I came to the game last night really excited but frustrated knowing we didn't really have much chance. Keep the faith I guess cos that has to go down as the gutsiest performance I've seen from a Devils side since the CC 2005/06.

Richardson looked 10 times the player we had in 2006/2007 and he was very good then. By far the most comfortable guy on the puck. Jarvis I felt single handily controlled the game. A real leadership performance from him. Hill is the best Brit in the country at the moment. He looked better than last season and he was quality then. Gerad is looking fitter too. He was every where on his shifts. Smithy in spells was his magic self. Matt Towe I feared for when he got a little excited sqauring up to Hutchins but he held his own. The ENL guys turned up last night and were matching Sheffield in every department. They didn't back down and were well up for some face washing. In fact, on that performance some of the imports not playing should watch out cos the young lads looked great out there.

The thing that excited me overall last night was the depth of talent and speed we have in this years squad. We look a beter team all round. The on ice performance really got the crowd going and created a super atmosphere. Great to see and hear the crowd.

Cracking performance lads. Gutted Steelers. We beat the current league and playoff champions with 4 imports and a Brit defender out of the sqaud. The sweeetest league win for me in along time.

That was the gutsiest, most passionate performance I have seen for many many years, just goes to prove what fantastic dressing room and team spirit we have and our never say die atittude this season will bring us silverware, I have no doubt about it. Well done guys and good luck tonight :D

I'll post some videos from last nights match later :D

Shiney35 (nicked bubbles login)