Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - 04/04 - 1pm - S/F

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

This is it, this is the big one! The first semi final of the weekend, the opening game and almost certainly the best game :)

We'll be running MNL for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl - unfortunately big bad Bob & co have banned most of us mods from SteelTalk so we can't advertise MNL over there, but if you know Sheffield fans that aren't going to the playoffs, let them know we're here!

Both teams suffered a loss in regulation time over the quarter final weekend, but both teams came through, Sheffield with an aggregate score of 12-7 against the Capitals, and us with 6-5 after overtime :)

This is hopefully going to be one hell of a match in Nottingham, the Devils are on a high after winning their last 8 games *cough* in a row, the Steelers are still on a high from comfortably winning the league.

I'm looking forward to this game and just hope we'll be talking about the hockey played and not the antics of some players after the final whistle.

COME ON DEVILS! :twisted:

Chris.

A

Anonymous

Hooray for this, I cant make it to the finals, so I'll be relying on this page, Oh and I love those demotivational pictures anymore where they came from, what a laugh :lol:

Wannabe2

cardiffdevil said:
Chris Stone said:
:)

http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/DevilsSheffield1994.jpg

Devils 12-1 Steelers, that's right, Devils 12-1 Steelers.

Just incase you missed it, Devils 12-1 Steelers :twisted:

Chris.
I was on holiday in Florida that year and remember asking my mother to repeat the score when I rang home to get an update, if I'm correct one of the goals was scored by an all Welsh line?
Lee Carson to Neil Francis to Richard Townsend GOOOOOOOOAL.

ASHIPP

Fantastic that the MNL is available on this awesome weekend for saddos like me who can't get up to Nottingham...so thanks Chris
After the Devils' match maybe Mr Finnerty will need the services of his shirt sponsor - a sheffield sewage company!! :lol: Remember to look out for that logo on his shirt when's he's on the ice....or preferably in the bin!!! :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #12
He played in the quarter finals, but from Steeltalk it sounds like he's picked up an injury that keeps flaring up. Whether this would stop him from playing next weekend I don't know.

Chris.

E.D.S.

I love taking the diplomatic route and I'm all for a good sporting contest as the Devils/Steelers rivlary has been a bit unsavoury at times...........HOWEVER......I've just spent 30 minutes reading the total crap that some of their fans are spouting about Voth, us fans, the rugby, how we've not won anything, how we whinge and moan (that's right apprarently we whinge and moan) on their poor excuse for a Dave Simms appreciation society forum, not only do I hope that we win but I hope we win in the kind of humiliating manner that they will never forget!!
I hope Voth scores the winner, Ben Davies batters Sharp, Dave Simms gets put on his backside by Luci Fur, Jay drops Dangerknee and Jody's fat bursts out of his pads!!

I know this post is totally rubbish, classless, tasteless and unfair on some of the Steelers fans but I don't give a flying one anymore!! What's the point in being all nicey-nicey when some of their fans are total prats!!! Good luck with the YES project!! Can't wait for your tent to be put up in the middle of nowhere, then we'll see how great your fans are!!

I'd be more worried if we were playing Belfast (who we've just spectacularly beaten to the semis and our biggest demon this season) as they won both the KO and CC cups, both of which are short tournaments (especially the KO). Sheffield won the league championship over the whole season, not by winning a 1 or 2 leg game. The playoffs is a whole different beast.

Sheffield are as arrogant as Coventry use to be, and need to be brought down a peg or two - and we're the ones to do it. :twisted:

ASHIPP

E.D.S. said:
I love taking the diplomatic route and I'm all for a good sporting contest as the Devils/Steelers rivlary has been a bit unsavoury at times...........HOWEVER......I've just spent 30 minutes reading the total crap that some of their fans are spouting about Voth, us fans, the rugby, how we've not won anything, how we whinge and moan (that's right apprarently we whinge and moan) on their poor excuse for a Dave Simms appreciation society forum, not only do I hope that we win but I hope we win in the kind of humiliating manner that they will never forget!!
I hope Voth scores the winner, Ben Davies batters Sharp, Dave Simms gets put on his backside by Luci Fur, Jay drops Dangerknee and Jody's fat bursts out of his pads!!

I know this post is totally rubbish, classless, tasteless and unfair on some of the Steelers fans but I don't give a flying one anymore!! What's the point in being all nicey-nicey when some of their fans are total prats!!! Good luck with the YES project!! Can't wait for your tent to be put up in the middle of nowhere, then we'll see how great your fans are!!
Hey, sounds like Finnerty's shirt sponsor, that well known Sheffield sewage company, is going to be called upon after all - to clear up all the CRAP that the Steelers fans are dishing out about the Devils! :lol:
No dirt this end, of course. :lol:

E.D.S. said:

Haha, just looked stupid in work as I laughed to myself while pretending to not be on the internet! The jody’s fat bursting out of his pads got me!

I don’t even go on there anymore as I find myself getting annoyed with some of the rubbish certain fans come out with, its the Elite forum part 2! If you aren’t praising Bob or Simms you aren’t welcome! Don’t know why their going on about the rugby though, how many years have we beat them in the 6 nations now ..
:D

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #17
Hey, sounds like Finnerty's shirt sponsor, that well known Sheffield sewage company, is going to be called upon after all - to clear up all the CRAP that the Steelers fans are dishing out about the Devils!
No dirt this end, of course.
The Steelers fans are always welcome to register over here, as some of them have already to defend their team.

On the other hand, do not expect Bob to allow you to register :)

Once we've beaten them, they'll just have to get angry and argue amongst themselves...

Chris.

drainage

Merthyr Devil said:
E.D.S. said:

Haha, just looked stupid in work as I laughed to myself while pretending to not be on the internet! The jody’s fat bursting out of his pads got me!

I don’t even go on there anymore as I find myself getting annoyed with some of the rubbish certain fans come out with, its the Elite forum part 2! If you aren’t praising Bob or Simms you aren’t welcome! Don’t know why their going on about the rugby though, how many years have we beat them in the 6 nations now ..
:D
Thats cos SOME of the Squealers (see am nice !!) have the brain capacity of a gnat and the memory of one too !!! They can recall a maximum of 4 weeks of data !!! Oh and they love to select the facts that make their drivel look accurate !! Never knowingly let truth get in the way of a good old inaccurate rant !! Best thing we can do is beat them !

ASHIPP

Chris Stone said:
Hey, sounds like Finnerty's shirt sponsor, that well known Sheffield sewage company, is going to be called upon after all - to clear up all the CRAP that the Steelers fans are dishing out about the Devils!
No dirt this end, of course.
The Steelers fans are always welcome to register over here, as some of them have already to defend their team.

On the other hand, do not expect Bob to allow you to register :)

Once we've beaten them, they'll just have to get angry and argue amongst themselves...

Chris.
Why would I waste my time registering on a forum of a team I don't support when I can appreciate a decent discussion on the forum of the team I do support? I.E. THE DEVILS!! :lol:

Il deffo be hoping that you guys can go the whole way at the weekend, you have an awesome team so much so that I even end up wearing my Cardiff shirt sometimes when you are playing the Giants which I really shouldnt :lol: So good luck and kick some steeler butt!