Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - 04/04 - 1pm - S/F

TheStub

That turned out better than I had hoped.

Trouble is, the bar has been set. What we going to do at next years final? :lol: We had better start planning now :D

Gaz G

There are a world of possibilities but it may be difficult to decide untill we know who we are playing etc. Off the top of my head though, i think it would be awesome if we were playing the squeelers again it would be fantastic if 700 devils fans walked out to the concourse when they were coming on the ice. Would be tricky but with a year of planning would be hilarious if it worked

Gaz G said:
There are a world of possibilities but it may be difficult to decide untill we know who we are playing etc. Off the top of my head though, i think it would be awesome if we were playing the squeelers again it would be fantastic if 700 devils fans walked out to the concourse when they were coming on the ice. Would be tricky but with a year of planning would be hilarious if it worked
i was thinking of that but i dont think there would be enough time to get all the fans out at the same time, would be difficult but would be awsome if it worked

Gazza272

Diafol said:
I've just been watching the highlights of our semi-final on Sky Sports, no mention at all of our little stunt. Boo !

Turned it over after reading this post only to be told that it doesnt matter about the other 8 teams that its Sheffield and Nottingham is what its all about. Honestly 3 times they stressed you shouldnt bother watching any other game in Britain.

So i turned it off again.

Gazza272 said:
Diafol said:
I've just been watching the highlights of our semi-final on Sky Sports, no mention at all of our little stunt. Boo !

Turned it over after reading this post only to be told that it doesnt matter about the other 8 teams that its Sheffield and Nottingham is what its all about. Honestly 3 times they stressed you shouldnt bother watching any other game in Britain.

So i turned it off again.
Quire right Gazza. I tried the first five minutes and was told that "this was the final everyone wanted to see." Really? I would have liked to see the Devils in the final.

I was then told that the two goals the Devils scored were becuse "Sheffield went to sleep" and turned off shortly after. (The final was a crap game anyway)

I did catch the scuffle in the warm up, but there was no mention of Sharp firing pucks at Nottingham players. Hopefully they mention it later on although I won't be tuned in to here it.

It's a shame really. I've seen a lot of people on forums say they don't bother watching the Sky programme anymore. It's funny, I've waited years to see hockey back on TV and now don't bother watching it. :lol:

TheStub

I'm going to have a look later - but I often find the coverage is OK if Sheffield isn't involved.

Simmsy is a poor presenter - far too partisan, and too far up his own ar$e. The All Star game when they had Brent as the colour guy showed up how poor Simms is. They need someone with real quality, like Brent, doing the commentating.

Rick Stracken (can never spell names :lol:) is looking for a job. He always seems more level, and less partisan, so he would be an ideal guy to replace the grinning Brum.

I suggest that all of you that turned the coverage off, write to Sky to say how much you want to watch UK ice hockey, but how you can't stand the Dave Simms show. If they don't know, they would just look at the viewing figures and we would be left without any coverage at all.