Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - 26/01/20 - League

Pondlife

What happened to Linglet? Didn’t ice much in the 3rd and wasn’t on the ice for handshakes and presentations as far as I could see.

Hedd Wyn John

Good game for the Devils. Haddad, Dixon & Bowns played really well. Panthers looked dangerous at times but Devils managed to weather the storm and a much improved performance over our last game. If we can repeat this performance then we should be able get a win on Wednesday. My only negatives was we did spend a lot of time being defensive and wasted a few PPs. So a couple of areas the team need to work on

Diablo3

It was a good game, both sides played well, and we put in 60 minutes this time. Good performances all over the roster including some fine saves by Bownsy. Wednesday could go either way, but right now I'm happy with the league points. Anyone going to Belfast... I'll see you there!

Slartibartfast

Thought Jardine was great tonight. Even without Morrisonn he's still going from strength to strength this season.

What a player Herr is, whinged & moaned all night but he's a lethal at EIHL level. He'll be DEL bound next year.
Yes Jardine rarely gets mentioned but he has quietly been doing a great defensive job. He has a +/- of +14 which is the highest on the team.

I agree on Herr also. He is the standout player for Panthers

E.D.S.

I thought we looked very tired in the 3rd. Panthers exerted real pressure but we found a way to win. That’s a good habit to have.
4 poor weekend happy days. Well done lads.

Samael

Good team performance last night, well happy with the way we played. I notice a few comments on the Panthers forum from fans saying their league aspirations are now over after the loss last night. If that is correct then it just brings home how lucky we are to still be in the title race in a season where no games can be taken for granted and anyone can beat anyone.