Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - Sat 14 Oct 2017 - C Cup - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Gazza272

It maybe nothing, but KPS Holdings Ltd is registered on companies house as the owners of the Devils, that’s King, Parker, Shostak listed as Persons with significant control and Todd as Director. The company was issued on the 8/8/17 with a Compulsory strike off, 2 months notice to resolve, if not the company would be struck off the registrar and dissolved. That resolution expired last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The above is not true.

KPS holdings are not the Devils company name. Judging by the timing of the company opening, it looks to be a company set up to operate the rink, of course, no deal was done so the company is no longer needed.

you are either genuinely mistaken, or are spreading falsehoods on purpose. But the fact remains, the Intellectual property of the Devils, is NOT owned by KPS holdings.

pjj365

The above is not true.

KPS holdings are not the Devils company name. Judging by the timing of the company opening, it looks to be a company set up to operate the rink, of course, no deal was done so the company is no longer needed.

you are either genuinely mistaken, or are spreading falsehoods on purpose. But the fact remains, the Intellectual property of the Devils, is NOT owned by KPS holdings.
To be clear I guess

The notice is true but the foreboding surrounding it is not valid

Good point well made

kettdevil1

Ok maybe the one trick pony was a bit off the mark.

You agree the league has improved, year on year ?

So why not replace bench staff ?

I’m not calling for Lord to be replaced. That’ll never happen, to much sentiment, to much of a cosy club ethos.

Having said that a coach has no more entitlement than a player, when one ceases to perform their replaced, no matter what the role. Unless you believe loyalty is more important than performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Or you believe that loyalty encourages performance.

We have developed a culture in the club that makes players want to come here. We have done this by stressing excellence but also showing loyalty to players.... think of the struggles Ulmer, Benti and others had at the start of last season, there were many calls for changes but we stuck by them and the results seemed OK.....

At the moment we are very hot and cold with our performances and I am sure that everyone involved knows that things must improve or alternatively changes need to be made. Criticising coaches who have helped lead us to great things a few months ago, and some terrific CHL performances a few weeks ago is, IMHO not helpful, incorrect and goes against the culture that has been set up of loyalty and performance. Management by fear does not work on any long term basis.....

E.D.S.

At least four changes need to be made for me. I'd rather not point the finger and name names but we need to make big decisions. Lord will do that. He's not afraid to do that. This season has been bizarre, I've seen Joey Martin making big hits, I don't mind this but I'd rather he was focussed on his offence. Hotham will always stick up for his mates. He did that even when we had Bordy. Can't fault him for this but as others have pointed out, the leagues MVP D man needs to be on the ice. We just don't seem to be clicking. Saying that, I'm not worried about Panthers coming next week as we will raise our game. It's against the likes of Guilford, Milton keynes and Blaze (with the greatest of respect) that we should be turning up too.
If we do make 4 to 5 changes then that will have an impact. By the time the players settle down we'll be in end of Nov/December but I believe in Lord to do this, I also see how it impacts the owners as well, they'll want to do something about it. Next two weeks is huge for the season ahead in terms of sorting the team out.

bb1

Not saying we don't need a couple of changes but 4/5.....! No way. That could completely ruin any dynamic we have and also won't be great for the locker room. 1 maybe 2 changes but I honestly don't think we will see 2. Not our style.

ASHIPP

In the post weekend review(s) that will take place in the Club I doubt there will be many if any dramatic player changes coming out of that. And it's much more likely to be incoming rather than departing personnel. It's not the style of the Club...but then they have not been in quite this position during the previous 3 years.

Maybe until the team establishes the extent of the injury problems, and whether Andrew Hotham is facing a DOPS review, a short-term approach might happen.

There are plenty of performance issues that could be discussed and worked on - changes that might make some difference whilst the bigger issues are resolved.

a) Get Luke Piggott slotted into the line up immediately to bolster that energy line of Batch and Moore.

b) Give that energy line much more icetime than they have been getting, especially in a shortbenched/injury situation where players need rests between shifts Those boys are playing well.

c) Line combos are to pot at the moment because of injury - but it is imperative that the pp is worked on, especially as preparation for next weekend. The team has really struggled with the pp recently, especially 5 on 3. Panthers/Steelers will punish teams.

d) Sort out the leadership - last season we tried different players in games for the captaincy when the actual captain was injured. Doubt they would want to remove that responsibility from the current captain for various reasons...but the team definitely needs someone driving the play and players back on the bench between shifts effectively, speaking his mind, holding people accountable and motivating players. Whatever has been said in the locker room or training sessions hasn't always looked like it's translated to the ice.

e) Work out the ' tough guy' responsibilities. Which players will take responsibilty if other teams take liberties. Clearly it's part of Andrew Hotham's nature to get involved but he is risking his fitness and the wrath of DOPS. Too valuable to be absent.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Not saying we don't need a couple of changes but 4/5.....! No way. That could completely ruin any dynamic we have and also won't be great for the locker room. 1 maybe 2 changes but I honestly don't think we will see 2. Not our style.
But then I don't think that 1 or 2 is the answer either. I think we're looking at 4 changes. Just personal opinion of course.

bb1

People are giving Paris and Reddick a hard time but for me Paris when used correctly can score plenty from the point and win us games. Reddick to his credit has a superb attitude and gives 110% every game.....is that enough....for me I think he is doing a good job but others don't seem to think so.

We really don't need to change many guys and have a mass cull. One yes two possibly. All of this is just opinion by us fans and it's interesting to have these debate about a game and a club we all live so dearly.

My 2p from the weekend (in no particular order).

I don't buy this "enforcer role" or get a tough guy. A number of the controversial incidents on the weekend happened because the league is scrimping on not going to the 4 man officiating system. I think the players know this and are getting away with stuff whilst the one ref is as expected following the play somewhere else on the ice.

I believe we have the team to do the job. Something isn't quite there (chemistry, consistency), but they have shown they can do the job, they just need to do it more often. We're still shuffling the deck to get the right hand so to speak.

I don't think we've gone backwards as a team, but perhaps others have made bigger steps in improving and closed the gap.

terry hunt

I dont think there will be wholesale changes in personnel that is not the Devils style.
I wonder though with our crop of injuries and possible suspension to Hotham we may see a short term signing this week.

BostonBart22

In the post weekend review(s) that will take place in the Club I doubt there will be many if any immediate player changes coming out of that. And it's more likely to be incoming rather than departing personnel.

Until the team establishes the extent of the injury problems, and whether Andrew Hotham is facing a DOPS review.

There are plenty of performance issues that could be discussed and worked on - changes that might make some difference whilst the bigger issues are resolved.

a) Get Luke Piggott slotted into the line up immediately to bolster that energy line of Batch and Moore.
b) Give that energy line much more icetime than they have been gettinng, especially in a shortbenched/injury situation where players need rests between shifts Those boys are playing well.
c) Line combos are to pot at the moment because of injury - but it is imperative that the pp is worked on, especially as preparation for next weekend. The team has really struggled with the pp recently, especially 5 on 3. Panthers/Steelers will punish teams.
d) Sort out the leadership - last season we tried different players in games for the captaincy. Doubt they would want to remove that responsibility from the current captain for various reasons...but the team needs someone driving the play and players back on the bench between shifts, speaking his mind, holding people accountable and motivating players.
e) Work out the ' tough guy' responsibilities. Which players will take responsibilty if other teams take liberties. Clearly it's part of Andrew Hotham's nature to get involved but he is risking his fitness and the wrath of DOPS. Too valuable to be absent.
Talking about DOPS hotham could be reviewed for both games, the slash last night and a hit on a guildford player on the boards at the away end. it wasnt shown on the highlights for some reason and that usually indicates a review.