Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - League 14/01 @ 18:00 - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv

We'll also *hopefully* have Match Night Live back up and running as usual @ www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl :D

Without volunteer texters there would not be any MNL coverage, we need texters urgently especially for away games. If you help us out either PM one of us or email us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Score predictions as always welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com

Wannabe2

Can’t wait for this game, hopefully another belter, please guys come out hitting, just like we did Wednesday. We need to completely take the momentum away from the Flames, if they get into their groove they can make teams pay. Fortunately we have a Coach that won’t leave any stone unturned in his analysis of them, Lordo knows and has said just how good they can be, but he also knows how good his boys are, let’s hope for another cracking night in the IAW, after all it surely is the best ticket in town.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

ASHIPP

The John Lawless mantra : hit them where it hurts most - the scoreboard. It worked last time.
The Devils just need to keep chipping away, one period at a time playing smart hockey.

Devil_Abroad

The John Lawless mantra : hit them where it hurts most - the scoreboard. It worked last time.
The Devils just need to keep chipping away, one period at a time playing smart hockey.
Yup, you don’t win games sat in the box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Tonight’s the night, with our competitors breathing down our neck, and winning their games, we certainly can’t afford any slip ups. Play like we can and there’s no sweat, we as fans also need to do our bit, if we can’t cheer these lads on, then we couldn’t cheer any one. Let’s all have a great night tonight, and keep the pressure on the others.

matbur

Really looking forward to this one. Flames are a decent offensive team and will be tricky to get past.

Was at the rink earlier with kids skating, not a single poster or sign to suggest that there's a big game on tonight. I know this has always been the case but now the Devils have more involvement in the running of the building, it's imperative that they raise their profile in the building.

E.D.S.

Lovely break away goal from Myers. Solid enough performance so far but not perfect. I’d like to think that Benit’s hit will get nothing more than what he had. It looked shoulder on shoulder to me. Unless his head hit the ice I’m not sure what would have caused the injury. Happy to be proven wrong if I see a replay but it looked good to me. Glad to see Stewart skate off. Always heart in mouth moment when you don’t see a player move after a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good entertaining game. Devils doing only what they needed to do.
Brilliant performance....no.
professional absolutely
Clinically ...75%
Won the game in the first period
2nd period just doing enough
3rd literally going through the motions (not negative in anyway) but good ice time for Murdy, Pigs and Ruds

Some Flames players lost their composure and rightly ejected

Benti's hit. From my perspective shoulder to shoulder no upwards motion to head. Flames player just falling awkwardly.

Refs tonight......1st thought they were going to allow a flowing hockey game
2nd called some very soft calls ...assuming they were bored and wanted to feel like they were doing something

But another 2pts and it seems we have worked Guilford out now

E.D.S.

Good entertaining game. Devils doing only what they needed to do.
Brilliant performance....no.
professional absolutely
Clinically ...75%
Won the game in the first period
2nd period just doing enough
3rd literally going through the motions (not negative in anyway) but good ice time for Murdy, Pigs and Ruds

Some Flames players lost their composure and rightly ejected

Benti's hit. From my perspective shoulder to shoulder no upwards motion to head. Flames player just falling awkwardly.

Refs tonight......1st thought they were going to allow a flowing hockey game
2nd called some very soft calls ...assuming they were bored and wanted to feel like they were doing something

But another 2pts and it seems we have worked Guilford out now
Could he get done for a hit from behind though? I need to see a replay.

Wannabe2

Well played lads, they were never in it, we dominated from the 1st to the 3rd. When these lads play as they can, believe me they are the Mutts Nutts. I sat back in amazement tonight, looking at what we have facility wise, and what we have team wise, and went Home one happy bunny.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Could he get done for a hit from behind though? I need to see a replay.

Didn' really see it as a hit from behind in the sense that the player was turning and to my mind in what I perceived to see it was shoulder to shoulder far more than anything else.

august04

I enjoyed that one.
A dominating performance from the Devils that really rattled Ackered and the Flames early on. The game was won in the first and we were rarely troubled after that. Good to see Flames lose their discipline and those two personal misconducts were extremely selfish plays. I’d be livid with those two guys if I was their coach (and their teammates).To think, Walker apparently nearly joined us last season. Thank goodness he chose Steelers. He’s now totally out of shape and offers very little to that Flames team. Absolute garbage. Well played Devils, some beautiful goals tonight. Onwards and upwards.

ASHIPP

Terrific result for the Devils. John Lawless would be proud of that punishment on the scoreboard. 2 more essential points and a game or two in hand over some teams.

Whatever the Flames (and the officials) were dishing out, Devils sucked it up. Discipline absolutely crucial.

Whilst Flames'players were getting frustrated, you have to question the ridiculous number of penalties called tonight. The momentum of the game was killed at times.

This rarely happens at the highest levels of hockey -which is faster and more aggressive. Is it the skill of the players, the experience of the officials? I am watching the REAL Flames (Calgary) vs Hurricanes on tv at the moment - a gritty, prickly game.....and only 2 penalties called in two periods so far.

Last edited: