Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - League 14/01 @ 18:00 - Chat/Updates

matbur

Good win and as everyone's alluded to, a very assured performance and we're looking every inch the champions right now.

Didn't think Benti's hit was to the head from my seat but obviously a nasty collision. Stewart has tweeted today that he's well and will be back soon, which is obviously great to know. When do DOPS review challenges? Is it on Tuesday's??

BostonBart22

prior to the hit on stewart , reddick got munched into the boards by stewart which i thought was pretty bad, wonder if we will ask for that to be reviewed..

E.D.S.

My initial reaction is that it was more the back of the shoulder, the shoulder blade than shoulder to shoulder. Fair play to the guys they’ve not had much for DOPs to look at from us. Testament to the way they’ve played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

I really don’t think that hit was to the head, didn’t think it last night, certainly didn’t think it watching the video, and nothing has changed looking at that picture. So pleased to know Stewart is fine, and good on Myers showing his concern and fast action calling the medics on, so long since we have seen a hit like that in Cardiff.Two awesome games against Guildford, and two games showing us fans just how good they are.

Devil_Abroad

prior to the hit on stewart , reddick got munched into the boards by stewart which i thought was pretty bad, wonder if we will ask for that to be reviewed..
Reddick raced in for the check, Stewart saw him coming and stopped and braced himself, Reddick bounced off into the boards as per his normal routine when going in to check guys. Nothing to see, moving on.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

I’m with Gareth on this one; Benti’s hit is shoulder to shoulder but he should have had more consideration for his opponent’s position on the ice and the fact he came up from behind him. However, I also think DoPS will say that Stewart who’s in control of the puck mid ice must be more aware of the position of his opponents and be ready for contact. Think it will be changed to check from behind with a game ban. (Hoping)

Pondlife

Given no DOPS announcement so far on the EIHL site, is it safe to assume no review for Benti? They are supposed to announce findings by the Wed for weekend games.

Devil94

There would have been an automatic review. My guess is that the Devils already know the outcome but the media team are preparing the video and website etc.

Anything under 4 games I will be happy with.

Foxy

There would have been an automatic review. My guess is that the Devils already know the outcome but the media team are preparing the video and website etc.

Anything under 4 games I will be happy with.
4 games would be extremely harsh......... not even to the head. Im hoping they stick to the match ban

Devil_Abroad

1 match for me - though the time it’s taking to announce it maybe Cardiff challenged it? So if that’s he case then a 4-5 game - challenged - will still make it 4-5. I hope not.

In the interview Lordo gave that's up on the EIHL site, he seemed a bit cagey when they talked about losing Benti for the next game. He said something like "we'll see if he's there". So it may be that they've appealed it, or at least the head check is under review.

Mazzoak

Benti isn’t a goon, that should account for something. Was an unlucky, messy hit, no malice. Feel sorry for both players, Benti wouldn’t want to hurt anybody intentionally.