Cardiff Devils v Dundee Stars - Sun 3 Dec 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

jimmy snels

Watched on webcast as i had man flu. Got to say commentary was engaging and light hearted. Really thought they called a neutral game. Ivè watched other teams and this isnt always the case, belfast being the one that stands out as having awful home bias and commentators that could put a glass eye to sleep

On the game i thought dundee played a tight road game and restricted us with hard work and effort. Pacha really got them working. I actually liked the play from the dundee lad taking on reddick. Sticking up for his coach and was a good trade for them. I also like how game reddick is. Had his critics early doors but shows more heart than a number of fancy dans which i actually like more!
The first goal was blatantly kicked in. Lord has a review so no idea what he was thinking not using it?! Actually made it tighter than it needed to be.
Refereeing is miles better than hicks or hogarth we've had in last few weeks.
Ulmers best performance of the season and about time imho. Needs to keep this level now.

Great to have haddad back. Just ozzes top notch. My favourite forward in the team.

Devils played well and dominated tonight IMHO. Good play, snappy, intelligent passing. Of course we should have scored more goals given the shots on goal and possession etc. But bravo for a fine performance and a tough 6 point week.

Ocko

The review can only cover whether a puck has crossed the line or not I believe. You can't review the play leading up to it yet.

Also, you are allowed to redirect the puck with your skate into the net. You just can't kick it. It did come off a skate but I'm not sure about whether it fell into the 'distinct kicking motion' category.

solelace84

The replay showed a blatant kicking motion. Didn’t just redirect it with his skate, he kicked his leg forward, with the side of his skate putting the puck in the net. Not a skating motion and his stick was nowhere near the play. Easy no goal.

Thought the ref had a bit of a mare last night - unusual for him!

The devils definitely played better than the score line suggested, and I am SO GLAD that joe Haddad is back. We have missed his insane puck possession skills in the offensive zone.

6 out of a possible 6 points this week - if you’re not happy with that, there is something wrong with you!

We are only 20 games into the season, and we have key players out. I’m starting to change my mind about what this team can achieve. It’s still all to play for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjj365

The replay showed a blatant kicking motion. Didn’t just redirect it with his skate, he kicked his leg forward, with the side of his skate putting the puck in the net. Not a skating motion and his stick was nowhere near the play. Easy no goal.

Thought the ref had a bit of a mare last night - unusual for him!

The devils definitely played better than the score line suggested, and I am SO GLAD that joe Haddad is back. We have missed his insane puck possession skills in the offensive zone.

6 out of a possible 6 points this week - if you’re not happy with that, there is something wrong with you!

We are only 20 games into the season, and we have key players out. I’m starting to change my mind about what this team can achieve. It’s still all to play for!

A quick look on Pointsreak to produce silly stats

If all our conference won all their games in hand on Giants the top 4 in the league would be
Panthers - 39
Devils - 33
Steelers - 29
Giants - 29

So yes it is all to play for and we should not write off the Patton conference - possibly exclude Coventry here.

ASHIPP

.800 hockey suggests Panthers on track to remain the top team. They appear to be unstoppable but their big test is their horrendous December schedule where rival teams could take points.

Devils in much improved position this week. Almost .700 hockey would suggest a top 3 position....if they keep getting good results - ugly, gritty style will do (can't expect Stanley Cup fluidity every game!) A real chance this month to consolidate themselves for the New Year.

Quietly, under the radar, building up some consistency.

solelace84

We’ve beat the panthers 2 out of 3 times with very convincing score lines. They’re not invincible, and it’s usually around this time of year that their wheels fall of - here’s to hoping!!

BostonBart22

yes good win in the end but still something missing, good to see haddad back but did anyone see the elbow call, stars player looked out of it,,maybe a review on this, just hope it was legal or joey could face 1 or 2 games out, hope not.

Have Hope#35

yes good win in the end but still something missing, good to see haddad back but did anyone see the elbow call, stars player looked out of it,,maybe a review on this, just hope it was legal or joey could face 1 or 2 games out, hope not.
Yes... I saw it! Joey Haddad was having his stick held behind the play (De Concilys?) and he was forcefully trying to pull it away. He yanked it about 3 or 4 times until the player finally let it go, which resulted in Haddad pulling it away so hard that it came down on the back of the players ankle/calf (Andersson?)! An elbowing call was then made up when if you ignore the holding it would've been a slash.

BostonBart22

Yes... I saw it! Joey Haddad was having his stick held behind the play and he was forcefully trying to pull it away. He yanked it about 3 or 4 times until the player finally let it go and as did it resulted in Haddad pulling it away so hard that it came down on the back of the players ankle! An elbowing call was then made up when if you ignore the holding it would've been a slash.
ok , cheers for that, explains all.

Haddad incident was right in front of me. Dundee player was holding his stick and looked like he was simply trying to wrestle it free. Not an elbow IMHO.