Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze - Sat 27 Jan 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Ocko

Because we’re first and the opposition 10th doesn’t mean we have a right to win. We may not have been at our best tonight like we have been in the first periods of many home games but then once the opposition has then worked out how to stop us you can’t then turn around and say they were dire.

We battled through it and got the points which is what champions have to do in tight games. I thought Blaze played a great D game and their netminder played exceedingly well.

We were also fortunate with the call on Fournier; hope Ferrara is ok.

I’m sure Lord will be working on the video tonight and tomorrow in preparation for the return.

Great night of results elsewhere for us too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We have no right to win but we should. Because it's Coventry and they used to be a top team, we give them the benefit of the doubt but the reality is that they are lower placed than Dundee and have been for a couple of seasons. Do we expect to beat Dundee at home? Absolutely. So we should expect to beat Coventry at home. Anything else would be a big disappointment.

Wannabe2

We have no right to win but we should. Because it's Coventry and they used to be a top team, we give them the benefit of the doubt but the reality is that they are lower placed than Dundee and have been for a couple of seasons. Do we expect to beat Dundee at home? Absolutely. So we should expect to beat Coventry at home. Anything else would be a big disappointment.
Pretty much sums it up really, as you say no one has a god given right to beat anyone, but just as you would expect Man City to beat Huddersfield at home, the expectations are the same. Hopefully we can turn it on today, and keep the pressure on.

Johnnybravo1927

Still surprised at Pacquete, offering to fight strachan when his face is very obviously injured. Not sure if he is brave, stupid or both but either way the lad has guts. Pacquete is a bit of a handful and is a player I have kept an eye on over the years and somebody I would have liked to have seen in a devils shirt once upon a time. Dont think we have seen him at his best against us yet

From what I recall Pacquette dropped the gloves and wanted to go with Strachan but kept his face cage firmly on his head. Strachan gestured to Pacquette to remove the cage if he wanted to fight, which Pacquette refused initially until th linesmen an ref moved in between them. Then Pacquette removed the cage when he was being ushered away.
I’m sure if at that point Pacquette really wanted to go with Strachan without the cage he could made at least an effort to do so but thought better of it.
No doubt Pacqette is a genuine tough guy and fighter but I don’t think he had any intention of fighting Strachan without the cage but was just trying to sucker Strachan into a 2 min roughing penalty to offset his own!

jimmy snels

Worst game in months for me and the 4 hours sleep and 12 hour shift before it did little to help my need for caffeine. Glad to get a win and the assalin finish was great, but by god that was dire in large spells. I dont think ive ever seen so many offside calls which slowed the flow even more.
Reddick and strachan for me were our best players. A lot of the others had a mare and if i was batch and rutkis id be scratching my head how i wasnt involved.
Not sure why strachan didnt get involved with pacquette. He has taken the micky every time we've played them and its about time someone sorted him out. The its perfect brigade will say we got a pp but they were awful anyhow last night. As a fan it is frustrating to watch this team when its not going well.

Anyhow ive been very impressed as of late so hopefully we will be back to the high standards of late next time out

Gough60

2 points. Move on. Was a poor spectacle of a hockey game but opposition was thankfully woeful. Noble did not stop whining all night and Pacquete needed a slap. Highlights from icetime tv will be brief I would think but a win is a win.

RedDevil17

2 points. Move on. Was a poor spectacle of a hockey game but opposition was thankfully woeful. Noble did not stop whining all night and Pacquete needed a slap. Highlights from icetime tv will be brief I would think but a win is a win.
Win is a win but boy how I would love Paquette on our team. Complete player similar to Faryna by the fact he finishes his checks, can play and plays top line minutes too. He’s got balls of steel wanting to fight Strachan with a cage on. Way I saw it he dropped the gloves and Strachan said no. As well as this, the lack of retaliation in this team absolutely disgusts me. Pope elbowed...no reaction, Benti hit to the head...no reaction, Bowns rammed (twice!!) no reaction. Pathetic. Poor game too but at least we won.

Win is a win but boy how I would love Paquette on our team. Complete player similar to Faryna by the fact he finishes his checks, can play and plays top line minutes too. He’s got balls of steel wanting to fight Strachan with a cage on. Way I saw it he dropped the gloves and Strachan said no. As well as this, the lack of retaliation in this team absolutely disgusts me. Pope elbowed...no reaction, Benti hit to the head...no reaction, Bowns rammed (twice!!) no reaction. Pathetic. Poor game too but at least we won.
Agree with quite a lot of what you say....but from my perspective, Strachan did the right thing. Paquette was trying to gives his team a lift when we had momentum. The score tied 1-1 and Strachan our best D-man on the night off the ice for 5mins. That wouold have been a bad trade.

Whats made things interesting is that DOPS have just announced that Fournier sits for 2 games as a result of the collision with Ferrara

Gough60

Paris Didn't look to be 100% during warm up yesterday. Spent a lot of the time passing the pick back and forth with the mascot. Prefer to see Josh back on D, but I ain't the coach.

Ocko

Pacquette is brilliant. I'd have him in a Devils jersey in a heartbeat. He can play, hit, agitate, fight and works his bag off.

matbur

Again, hope the Inferno guys don't mind me linking here but here's a bit of a summary of last night.

Fourier's looked a nasty one, if we're being honest and that was on one of our players we'd be seeking retrospective action. Chance maybe too soon for Paris but Batch can drop into D.