Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze - 15/02/20 - League

Slartibartfast

Some pathetic calls by Rose made it very difficult for the Devils to get any momentum but when they were allowed to play they dominated Blaze (who incidentally are looking very good).
The puck did cross the line but it might not have been all of it. 100% must cross for a goal.
Did anyone see what happened to Fournier?

tim78

Having seen the replay of the goal (it fully crossed the line twi e over) , rose must have been lightening on the whistle... And I don't recall hearing it.

Diablo3

Some pathetic calls by Rose made it very difficult for the Devils to get any momentum but when they were allowed to play they dominated Blaze (who incidentally are looking very good).
The puck did cross the line but it might not have been all of it. 100% must cross for a goal.
Did anyone see what happened to Fournier?
From block 1 it looked like a goal to me. Fourns got a stick in the nuts, which unsurprisingly meant he needed a few minutes for a recount /recover.

jimmy snels

Cracking third period but first 2 were woeful haddad was awesome tonight as was bowns especially the shootout with some worldy saves, good to see mosey back , was just preying he didnt get a hit from Broll, he is a monster...

broll looked hugely overweight to me. certainly no fitness on shifts

Up and down game, we started ok, then the game seemed to slip into periods of slow motion for much of the 2nd period and picked up again in the 3rd, atmosphere was great for the last 10 mins with that tra la la chant, my daughter loved it.

The Devils non goal, it definitely fully crossed the line but the ref was quick on the whistle when it went near the goalie and blew before it went in

Slartibartfast

Confirmed on Devils website that it was the whistle."Midway through the third period, the Devils were celebrating a Sean Bentivoglio goal, but a quick whistle before the puck was covered meant the referees disallowed the goal and the score remained 3-2 for the Blaze. "

Poor old Benti. He cant buy a goal this season and his second gets disallowed. Hopefully being on a line with Mosey will get him scoring again. Unless the lines change again when Pope comes back (sick apparently). I also hear Linglet has a broken wrist so is out for the season.

Diablo3

Confirmed on Devils website that it was the whistle."Midway through the third period, the Devils were celebrating a Sean Bentivoglio goal, but a quick whistle before the puck was covered meant the referees disallowed the goal and the score remained 3-2 for the Blaze. "

Poor old Benti. He cant buy a goal this season and his second gets disallowed. Hopefully being on a line with Mosey will get him scoring again. Unless the lines change again when Pope comes back (sick apparently). I also hear Linglet has a broken wrist so is out for the season.
I thought there was no sound on reviews, so not sure how they could check that. Injury to Charlie would explain why he has been missing for so long.

jenks33

It will be a big blow if Linglet is out for the season. He seemed to have turned the corner a bit after a frustrating season. There’s going to be a huge reliance on the two Joey’s, particularly Haddad to try and get us over the line.
As John Donovan alluded to on twitter yesterday Bentivoglio’s nightmare season is having a huge effect on the team. Benti’s struggles have meant that Marjamaki and Reddick are playing on higher lines and although Masi has done well you don’t really want him and Bryce on top lines. They are 3rd/4th liners.
I wasn’t going to mention this as it’s never nice to knock a player when their confidence is low but did anybody read Oliver Hampson’s article supporting Benti? I thought it was a bit cringe to be honest. I’ve got nothing against Oliver, I think he does a decent job on icetime tv and I agree with many of his articles. I don’t know why he felt the need to write this one though. Anybody who watches us on a regular basis will see that Benti has had a poor season. Not just his points production, his all round game has struggled. Due to his lack of points he’s obviously frustrated with himself and if I’m honest I just expect him to give a soft penalty away when he’s on the ice these days.
One thing I will say is Benti seems like a great and honest guy off the ice and I’m sure he will be the first to admit that he’s had a tough season. I don’t think he needs somebody writing an article sticking up for him when it’s clear for everybody to see that he’s struggled.
That’s how I would want it anyway. If I was having a bad season I’d feel almost embarrassed to read an article from an icetime tv commentator sticking up for me