Cardiff Devils Social Media........

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #1
I'm not sure if many fans are aware of the recent postings on the Devils social media front has nothing or little to do with the club?

Some of the recent things posted : -

Bring it home.... What exactly?
The game in Hull was yesterday...
Congratulations to sponsors? Shouldn't it be thank you?
The world record 100m by a dog balancing a can on it's head. What has this got to do with the team?

The club are meant to be professional - this doesn't show that.

The simple things are what the fans want to know eg :

When tickets are on sale
Next home/away games
News articles posted with links
Highlight videos

None of the rubbish that is being posted. I've worked within social media for the last 6 years to know what and what not should be posted. It's frustrating that this company have been brought in to run things and to be honest, they're so out of their depth with sport it's unreal. The club are actually paying for this service when fans could easily do a much better and more reliable job than this company.

Rant over.......for now!

They're removed the world record Tweet now, but it is embarrassingly bad at times. It's conjointly the worst ruin official EIHL account and I doubt any of the other clubs are employing a company to run them!

the fact the club pays for this service boggles ones head a touch, when you consider the main site is so out of date i hardly look on it any more. ( anything you need to know is usualy to be found on hear ) that's ware the money should be going.

DevilDom

The club pay for this crap? Jesus christ!

My 11 year old son could do it a millions times better and would do it for free!

DevilDom

bluedevil said:
They're removed the world record Tweet now, but it is embarrassingly bad at times. It's conjointly the worst ruin official EIHL account and I doubt any of the other clubs are employing a company to run them!
I think my reply may have had something to do with that. I've not said anything about the constant crap coming from the account until that tweet, but that was the final straw for me! :evil:

It is ridiculous that they use a company that knows nothing about hockey and seemingly not much about social media either, it certainly dosen't keep fans informed and does nothing to attract new fans to the club. What is the point of it ? and where are all these facebook friends and followers on game nights, perhaps they are too far away to get to games. For the club to be paying for this service is just a waste of money, How can they justify this ? or even afford to pay for it with the measures that they have taken to improve the finances to keep all the teams and be competetive in the new look Conference EIHL

Finny

Are they still paying a company to do this?
I thought they had stopped it.

I've been close to unfollowing Sheffield, Fife and Coventry in recent weeks due to the crap they keep retweeting. Unfortunately the Devils are coming very close too.

Finny said:

I've been close to unfollowing Sheffield, Fife and Coventry in recent weeks due to the crap they keep retweeting. Unfortunately the Devils are coming very close too.
Get the new app, twatter filter that should sort it

Re: Re: Cardiff Devils Social Media........

Finny said:

Finny you can opt to block re tweets by certain individuals.