Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

jenks33

I remember less than a week after this match we played Newcastle at home. We were in great form having won 9 out of our previous 10 matches and Newcastle were struggling. I really fancied us to go on and win the league but we ended up losing that match 2-3 and fell apart after that. Darren Mcausland with the winner I think. I was gutted that night

BostonBart22

Wowzer that punch by chinny on mike rowe, remember seeing the game live the WNIR was shaking with that punch, some good players on show as well, Cadieux, Ruggles, Coopers, and an ex fav of mine Dumas for Whitley who played for the Devils as well in his career. great game and 25 goals.

Eagles8

Thread starter #196
Something a bit different this week folks. The 2001 fundraising game between the Devils and GB Select. It took place in what I think was the Devils darkest season, and before you watch it to get a background for this game take a look at the lost season Flashback that unfolds the saga of the 2001/02 season.

BostonBart22

Dark days indeed that season, I was one of the hundreds that snubbed it....great to see the GB side turn up plus the huge crowd that paid the players wages , well some of it anyway.. and wow, marty mcsorley icing for the devils, great honour for the club to have him that game, plus good to see likes of schuler, mcyntyre, ahlroos, mo and mc as well as hope and vez..great watch

BostonBart22

A 13...6 rout all about forwards and no defences those days, Cadieux, what a player he was for us, shame it was only one season, also whitley had Dumas, always rated him and eventually joined the devils later down the years, great highlights from all those years ago.