Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

BostonBart22

What a great game, very physical those days , a lot let go by officials, defo bums on seats hockey, not like the non physical of today , shame that. peter smith would have been thrown out twice in this era with his hits, well worth a watch...

BostonBart22

What a game that was , not often we see devils win 7...3 at nottingham especially at lower parlamant st, great rink in the old days, and what a 2 handed slash to the head by marty yewchuck, if i remember did he have a 15 game ban for it...

jenks33

I started following the devils in 1996 so this 1992/93 season review was before my time. Steve Moria moved on to Blackburn in the offseason and he came back in 1995/96. What was the reason for that? Did moria and lawless fall out? Or just a coincidence that he came back to cardiff after Lawless had gone to Manchester

Eagles8

Thread starter #155
I started following the devils in 1996 so this 1992/93 season review was before my time. Steve Moria moved on to Blackburn in the offseason and he came back in 1995/96. What was the reason for that? Did moria and lawless fall out? Or just a coincidence that he came back to cardiff after Lawless had gone to Manchester
He was offered the opportunity to be player/manager at Blackburn and was quoted as saying it was an opportunity that may not present itself again, and it was a tough decision for him to leave Cardiff.

BostonBart22

Great to see the old faces again, humberside had a great team in those days, the likes of todd bidner , scott young, norman pinnington...yes storming norman, he cross checked francis into the boards and franny got up threw the first punch and we will leave it at that. great game and a 3..2 win for the devils.