Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Eagles8

Thread starter #122
Over the next few weeks I'll be posting back to back series games, the first from 2004 againsts the Steelers. Including the infamous Cullen incident and the Rob Davidson melt down! The following nights return leg in Sheffield, posted next Friday.

BostonBart22

Just watched the game, thought sheffield were the better team on the night, devils passing was not up to scratch on times, that hit by Peron gotta to be the worst ever seen at the WNIR, my seat was not far from there , even that was shaking, I know davison was first to get at peron but its a shame he didnt get to batter the little cheap shot, how things changed with the injury protocol, cullen only 1 week out with concussion instead of todays at least 3 weeks..

BostonBart22

Great win for the boys especialy with 3 key players out, shocked to see that Peron played after thet cowardly hit from behind on cullen the previous week, and something i didnt know shannon mentioned that Peron spat on cullen while he was down injured, shocked if that was the case...and wow that double save in OT by Cugnet that won the game for us as Matsos secured the win with our next attack...

Eagles8

Thread starter #126
This week we continue the double header weekend theme. First away game against Belfast from 2017. following nights next week.

I was lucky enough to be there for these games and like so many other fans who made the trip this was the weekend, I believe, we won the title.

BostonBart22

Another epic encounter and deserved devils win, good to see lordo get one over on martinelli in the scrap, good chuckle at the final buzzer as giants wanted to cause a brawl with both benches clearing the benches, highlight of brawl was dickson trying to get bowns into a scuffle, so funny...

BostonBart22

Great to see some of the old faces on the ice, stunning first goal by Matulik couldve boiled over this game at times as vezio was getting battered off the puck on times, good to see a very young david clarke scoring for newcastle, all in all a desereved win for the boys 2...1 after Gwg by clayton norris

Eagles8

Thread starter #136
Something a bit different this week. The end of era match celebrating the WNIR, a great evening watching Devils past and present.

jenks33

Have you got the last league game of 1996/97 season by any chance? The superleague winning season. I know we lost to Newcastle on the night but I’ve never seen that game back or the celebrations on the ice afterwards. I’m pretty sure it was live on sky sports

Eagles8

Thread starter #138
Have you got the last league game of 1996/97 season by any chance? The superleague winning season. I know we lost to Newcastle on the night but I’ve never seen that game back or the celebrations on the ice afterwards. I’m pretty sure it was live on sky sports
Yes it was live and your right , worth watching for the celebrations ( it was also my birthday!) . I also have additional footage of the celebrations from the week before when we clinched it against Manchester not shown on Sky. I will post both the game and the extra celebration footage over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

jenks33

That would be great thanks.

Another thing I remember about this Newcastle game ( I think it was this match, it was definitely against the cobras but it might have been another match that season) Newcastle forget their shirts or there was a problem with their shirts so they had to borrow some of their fans shirts and draw the names and numbers on.

Eagles8

Thread starter #140
That would be great thanks.

Another thing I remember about this Newcastle game ( I think it was this match, it was definitely against the cobras but it might have been another match that season) Newcastle forget their shirts or there was a problem with their shirts so they had to borrow some of their fans shirts and draw the names and numbers on.
Yes I have that one too. It was a different match held in November 96 , worth a watch to see pro players in fan replica shirts! I will post that one too.