Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

BostonBart22

What a great game, very physical those days , a lot let go by officials, defo bums on seats hockey, not like the non physical of today , shame that. peter smith would have been thrown out twice in this era with his hits, well worth a watch...

BostonBart22

What a game that was , not often we see devils win 7...3 at nottingham especially at lower parlamant st, great rink in the old days, and what a 2 handed slash to the head by marty yewchuck, if i remember did he have a 15 game ban for it...

jenks33

I started following the devils in 1996 so this 1992/93 season review was before my time. Steve Moria moved on to Blackburn in the offseason and he came back in 1995/96. What was the reason for that? Did moria and lawless fall out? Or just a coincidence that he came back to cardiff after Lawless had gone to Manchester

Eagles8

Thread starter #155
I started following the devils in 1996 so this 1992/93 season review was before my time. Steve Moria moved on to Blackburn in the offseason and he came back in 1995/96. What was the reason for that? Did moria and lawless fall out? Or just a coincidence that he came back to cardiff after Lawless had gone to Manchester
He was offered the opportunity to be player/manager at Blackburn and was quoted as saying it was an opportunity that may not present itself again, and it was a tough decision for him to leave Cardiff.