Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

BostonBart22

Thats the one the dirty scumbag, always sticks in my memory that hit, davison done what he had to do, just a shame mcwilliam or voth wasnt around then to give him a real good pasting..good to see heather doing what she done best, thanks for that clip eagles 8..

Gaz G

Davison was plenty tough enough. He'd have fought Vother or Mike any day of the week.

The thing that really wound me up about that game and the penalties was that Davison and Peron both got match penalties. No reason for a match pen at all apart from the fact we played them the next day. No match pen and Davison really would have pummeled the dirty rat.

osh

Davison never proved to be the ‘tough guy’ he was billed to be. He had plenty of opportunities in other games to fight and chose not to. As for him fighting Vother or Mike ( ( assuming you are referring to MacWilliam ) he would have avoided both in my opinion and no one on any Cardiff roster over the years was tougher than Big Mike MacWilliam in my opinion.

Wannabe2

Rob Davison was as hard as nails, he was never ever going to really fight unless he had to for a pittance, and risk injuries before going back to the dizzy heights he achieved. His fight card was impressive, he fought a ton of tough guys tougher and as tough as Mike and Brad. Davison would go with anyone if he had to.

osh

Not saying he wasn’t as hard as nails, there were times he should have stepped up but chose not to, irrespective of what he was being paid, his instinct to protect players should have kicked in but it didn’t. Mark Louis got the better of him too and whilst Louis does a great job for us, he’s not an out and out fighter and I reiterate neither of them would have got the better of his Mac

osh

Going back too far to remember names of opposition players, but on at leas5 half a dozen occasions I remember him not protecting players as I expected him to.
Also not being funny, but can you remember actual games where he sorted anyone out who took liberties with any of our players. The only time I remember him getting truly involved was the Cullen incident, and that’s about it really.

BostonBart22

Can anyone remember if peron had a ban for the hit apart from match ban... think todays dops would have dished out a hefty ban for that maybe 6 games ?

Wannabe2

Going back too far to remember names of opposition players, but on at leas5 half a dozen occasions I remember him not protecting players as I expected him to.
Also not being funny, but can you remember actual games where he sorted anyone out who took liberties with any of our players. The only time I remember him getting truly involved was the Cullen incident, and that’s about it really.
Off the top of my head, Graham Schendler in Coventry, and Dennis Maxwell at our gaff, and Payette.

osh

Off the top of my head, Graham Schendler in Coventry, and Dennis Maxwell at our gaff, and Payette.
Selective memory ( better than mine though when naming players ) he didn’t step in to stop Maxwell or Svhendler bullying any of our players in those incidents, and I never liked the fact that he often approached opposing players with a cross stick to their chest or higher, and as a matter of fact, Maxwell was disapppinted that Davison obviously didn’t want to be in that fight as I remember it and clearly mocked him. We aren’t going to agree obviously, but let’s put it into perspective, Davison wasn’t a patch on Craig Weller who didn’t fight because opposition were afraid of him, they weren’t afraid of Davison. I did enjoy watching play for us though and am not knocking his skill factor, just his non enforcing side of game that’s all.

Wannabe2

In fairness no one was a patch on Weller, he most certainly was in another league. Can you imagine if he had stayed longer, what a class act, and as you say he didn’t need to fight.