Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

moggy#9

They're really good. They give an insight to each of the players coming to the league. It would be nice if the EIHL could give them a little token gesture as a thank you.
I agree, they're extremely good and whoever does then deserves a lot of credit. What things like this show though is just how poor the league's publicity department is. In my opinion the league needs massive reform of its management, structure and admin.

Evan Mosey (Panthers direct to Ahl) and David Phillips (Hull? Direct to Ahl) would disagree with the notion that the EIHL was a backwards step.

As would Sam Herr, Gleason Fournier, Mark Smith, JJ Piccinich…. The list goes on. Believe it or not European teams do see what’s coming from these shores.
A certain British Goalie went from Cardiff to The Graz 99ers, as did Joey Martin. Both were clear forward steps.

Mazzoak

My comment was clear a
Evan Mosey (Panthers direct to Ahl) and David Phillips (Hull? Direct to Ahl) would disagree with the notion that the EIHL was a backwards step.
My comments pertained to one player & the rest was how the league stands within European and World Hockey League rankings. Throwing a handful of names doesn’t change anything, there is a huge pool of talent going in various directions that prove my comments.

Mazzoak

Answering a question you haven't answered yet would not be repeating ;), but I suspect you have no answer.
But yes let's leave it there. If you ever come up with any sort of reasoning for your opinion you could let us know.
Elephant in the room, Lord went to the ECHL for career advancement. By your reasoning why didn’t he remain in the UK. Simple, agents and talent scouts, the impartial people who’ve no interest in what the league thinks of their opinion say it’s a beer league.

Rempel16

My comment was clear a

My comments pertained to one player & the rest was how the league stands within European and World Hockey League rankings. Throwing a handful of names doesn’t change anything, there is a huge pool of talent going in various directions that prove my comments.
And likewise there’s evidence to show that scouts do look at the EIHL which prove my comments.

Rempel16

Elephant in the room, Lord went to the ECHL for career advancement. By your reasoning why didn’t he remain in the UK. Simple, agents and talent scouts, the impartial people who’ve no interest in what the league thinks of their opinion say it’s a beer league.
And the fact there’s no AHL in the middle, but don’t let that distort your argument.

Mazzoak

I did say back a few pages that the debate around the EIHL was an infinite argument. Nothing anyone has said negates the ranking of the EIHL. I’d hoped that would have been enough to prevent this pointless debate and distract from the comment l made about one player. Again if he signs for the AHL from Cardiff, great I’ll look like a fool, from those I’ve spoke too that won’t happen. Let’s all now put this to bed and wait see…….

Devil94

Andrew Lord is a coach at the start of hopefully a 30+ year career. Blake Thompson is a player in the latter stages of his career. I'm sure that even you can see that they will have completely different goals and ambitions in their respective careers, and there are different routes to take them there. Lord never coached in NA, Thompson has never played in Europe. They both made the move to advance their careers in the way they wanted.

But thanks for bringing Andrew Lords name up, because he's a perfect example of someone who has come to the UK, and left with his hockey career in a much better position than when he arrived. I don't think he would agree with you that this league is not an opportunity for advancing careers for some.

Devil94

I did say back a few pages that the debate around the EIHL was an infinite argument. Nothing anyone has said negates the ranking of the EIHL. I’d hoped that would have been enough to prevent this pointless debate and distract from the comment l made about one player. Again if he signs for the AHL from Cardiff, great I’ll look like a fool, from those I’ve spoke too that won’t happen. Let’s all now put this to bed and wait see…….
Why would he sign 'for the AHL'? If his goal for his career was to play in the AHL then he would have stayed and grinded out another few seasons in NA to try and do so. He likely signed in Europe to get away from all that, experience another country, better way of life, chance of a trophy, probably more money, i.e advancing his career.

Mazzoak

Andrew is indeed in a higher league due to a few reasons, his success at Cardiff, personal connections and Greenville wasn’t exactly inundated with offers from decent coaches. Now if Lord starts lifting trophies in the ECHL, gets moved up then again, I’ll eat my words. I’ve no idea what a players career goals or motivation is, anymore than you or any of non club member of the inferno. It’s also important to note simply reaching a better league from a worse one isn’t a great indication, it’s their performance and longevity that is. Have you heard of the Peter Principle, you see it in sport as well as companies.

Now can we please move on FFS.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #493
Andrew is indeed in a higher league due to a few reasons, his success at Cardiff, personal connections and Greenville wasn’t exactly inundated with offers from decent coaches. Now if Lord starts lifting trophies in the ECHL, gets moved up then again, I’ll eat my words. I’ve no idea what a players career goals or motivation is, anymore than you or any of non club member of the inferno. It’s also important to note simply reaching a better league from a worse one isn’t a great indication, it’s their performance and longevity that is. Have you heard of the Peter Principle, you see it in sport as well as companies.

Now can we please move on FFS.
I don't really get it, and I suspect trying to engage with you again after promising that I wouldn'tafter the last debacle, but...

You make these comments, people call you out on them with what looks to be perfectly reasoned posts and now you're getting uppity about it? Why should people move on from another of your posts? They're adding to the forum and I quite like reading some/most of them as it's a lot more insight into the sport than i've ever got my head around.

Seems like you just don't like the answers you're getting once again, so we'll now have to look forward to another post shortly that derails a different thread?

Mazzoak

I don't really get it, and I suspect trying to engage with you again after promising that I wouldn'tafter the last debacle, but...

You make these comments, people call you out on them with what looks to be perfectly reasoned posts and now you're getting uppity about it? Why should people move on from another of your posts? They're adding to the forum and I quite like reading some/most of them as it's a lot more insight into the sport than i've ever got my head around.

Seems like you just don't like the answers you're getting once again, so we'll now have to look forward to another post shortly that derails a different thread?
I’m counter calling people out, I’m not getting uppity at all. You say “Why should people move on”that’s simply because it’s detracting not only from my original comment but as Wannabe has interluded to, it’s boring for others and is disrupting the original topic. I said I’ve got no further comment to make, then I’m quoted and baited and then called a Troll for returning.

Samael

Lol this thread makes for interesting reading when a certain poster is blocked. I had to sign out just so l could fathom wtf was going on. Those of you trying to have a reasoned debate are wasting your time with this person, their goal is just to be controversial under the guise of critical analysis of a team they are not fan of. Don't feed their ego by making the thread about them and replying.