Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

Rempel16

Or they’d be on separate units doing the same job. Which is a great prospect.
Yes that would make sense actually. Guessing we'd be looking at something like:

PP1 - Crawford, Martin, Crandall, Penny, Reid
PP2 - Jardine, Cox, Coughler, Sanford, Brittain

Although I'd be surprised if Waller doesn't see PP time also.

moggy#9

Yes that would make sense actually. Guessing we'd be looking at something like:

PP1 - Crawford, Martin, Crandall, Penny, Reid
PP2 - Jardine, Cox, Coughler, Sanford, Brittain

Although I'd be surprised if Waller doesn't see PP time also.
Watching some of the videos, penny seems to be able to do the one timer from the face off dot thing that Reid does, but from the other side. That would be interesting to defend against.

Rempel16

Watching some of the videos, penny seems to be able to do the one timer from the face off dot thing that Reid does, but from the other side. That would be interesting to defend against.
I don't think his release looks quite as quick as Reid, it seemed to me that he needs that bit of time to pick his shot, but the more I see I think we have a good shot of 15 goals from him.

moggy#9

I don't think his release looks quite as quick as Reid, it seemed to me that he needs that bit of time to pick his shot, but the more I see I think we have a good shot of 15 goals from him.
I agree that the goal totals look set to increase (let's not forget a full season of production from coughler and Waller likely to improve further). The question is how many more will we concede. Still, no BOC to worry about, so that should help. ;-)

Rempel16

Jardine switching to #18 for this season it seems.... Does that mean #77 is being held for Ben Blood should he become available through the season I wonder.

moggy#9

Jardine switching to #18 for this season it seems.... Does that mean #77 is being held for Ben Blood should he become available through the season I wonder.
Am I right in thinking that it's ok to carry a spare this season? We normally pick up an addition around November, so who knows? Ben blood isn't listed as having signed anywhere yet on elite prospects. I'm sceptical though.

Rempel16

Am I right in thinking that it's ok to carry a spare this season? We normally pick up an addition around November, so who knows? Ben blood isn't listed as having signed anywhere yet on elite prospects. I'm sceptical though.
I'm sure I'd read somewhere that he's agreed terms with a team on mainland Europe, but nothing announced yet.

Finny

Looking through his roster history he seems to change numbers quite often.
#21 seems to be his most popular number - which Reid already has for this season.

No idea why he chose not to have it in his previous stint though.

JC23

18 I believe is a tribute to his teammate that passed away a little while back, Boris Sadecky.

Sadecky wore 10, but that’s obviously retired, 18 was the number he wore for his country.

Mazzoak

My understanding of the rules was you could sign far more than 1 spare, although signing decent players to sit out multiple games is no easy task & self limits.

Rempel16

Looking through his roster history he seems to change numbers quite often.
#21 seems to be his most popular number - which Reid already has for this season.

No idea why he chose not to have it in his previous stint though.
That’s fair enough. It just seems odd that he’s coming back to the team but using a different number to what he’d worn previously with us.