Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

Devils86

Unfortunately I can see Mac returning to these shores and joining Steelers, one of his best mates is Evan Mosey and Steelers will need a nettie after last seasons failures. Will be a bitter pill to taste but I can see it happening quite definately.
Come the end of the coming season if Carruth doesn't re-sign for his current side then he may look around this part of the world. However there's no guarantee that Mosey would still be at the House of Rust - will likely be off on his travels again.

If he ended up a Steeler wouldn't be bothered about them signing a former Devil - I'd be bothered that they signed a good NM

But until any of that happens, couldn't care less where Carruth goes

Mazzoak

I’ll be honest I couldn’t give a monkey’s who Carruth plays for. He ain’t with the Devils anymore for well documented reasons.
I’ve moved on, it’s our current players I’m interested in and definitely not the ones that were shown the door!
As it stands recruitment wise the current squad would struggle against Carruth. Now should we have a group better armed, then yup, who cares who Carruth signs for.

kettdevil1

As it stands recruitment wise the current squad would struggle against Carruth. Now should we have a group better armed, then yup, who cares who Carruth signs for.
Given we have only signed just over a line's worth of players then I can't quite see the relevance of a hypothetical match against someone not in the EIHL but as a general point Carruth had a GAA of 2.16 as opposed to (say) Stojanovic's 2.27 (Besko was significantly ahead of both) so I think we need to avoid mythologising him too much. Sure he was good, positionally he was excellent but .... he was hardly a brick wall.

Mazzoak

Given we have only signed just over a line's worth of players then I can't quite see the relevance of a hypothetical match against someone not in the EIHL but as a general point Carruth had a GAA of 2.16 as opposed to (say) Stojanovic's 2.27 (Besko was significantly ahead of both) so I think we need to avoid mythologising him too much. Sure he was good, positionally he was excellent but .... he was hardly a brick wall.
He was when our defence had more holes than a fishing net………

moggy#9

Stats don't give the while story though. For reasons I've given elsewhere, I think carruth is a better goalie than either of those two.

Finny

Ben Davies returns:
https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/ben-davies-back-another-year/

Really pleased with Ben returning for another year. I was worried he might move on looking for a bigger role on a smaller team, but hopefully he realises what a key role he'll have.
I'm assuming he'll be on 4th line with Duggan and Brandt which is going to be a nightmare line to play against. He'll also be one of our top Penalty Killers and stepping up to fill in gaps when needed.

Just need Batch to return and that confirms us having the best british line-up in the league.

MA18

Ben Davies returns:

Really pleased with Ben returning for another year. I was worried he might move on looking for a bigger role on a smaller team, but hopefully he realises what a key role he'll have.
I'm assuming he'll be on 4th line with Duggan and Brandt which is going to be a nightmare line to play against. He'll also be one of our top Penalty Killers and stepping up to fill in gaps when needed.

Just need Batch to return and that confirms us having the best british line-up in the league.
I think Batch will be announced in the bar tomorrow night.

moggy#9

Ben Davies returns:

Yeah, that would be an excellent and tenacious line to eat up minutes against the top 6 of other teams. There are a few players on other teams who would be constantly looking over their shoulders.

Finny

Looks like there will be another announcement tonight.
Might well be Batch so he doesn't have to avoid any questions tomorrow?

ASHIPP

Great news Ben is back Excellent on the pk and with Sam Duggan they are a handful for the opposition. Also continuing the Home Grown skill after Matthew's departure...Ben is Cardiff born and developed through the junior Devils. :cool:

ASHIPP

Fantastic news about Batchy. Unbelievable.. 11th season with the Devils! Remember when he joined the Club and was partnered with Adams. A better mentor you couldn't find. Josh coming off a career year last year and his excellent partnership with Big Lou is just like a maturing wine! Can't wait to see them in action.

osh

2 very good re signings, obviously both players very happy with life in Cardiff and playing in a potential title winning team. More importantly, we have probably the best British line up and we can now look forward to what imports are being brought in ( or returnees ) won’t be long before we see who the club are bringing in !

RedDevil17

Wish there was some build up to the signings from devils twitter like previous years, would make for a much more exciting off-season when it comes to signing news.