Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

Paul Sullivan

Good to see Reid back. However, he always seemed like a one trick pony so to speak (pass to the back post for a one timer) and he was quite anonymous in the majority of the big games I thought. Dont get me wrong it’s good to get our top goalscorer back and I’m not complaining, but he needs to step up in the big games (Belfast double header for example)
I don't agree about one trick regarding Reid but we did have a guy with a version of that back door one timer trick who scored over 50 goals for us, in the Elite League era. Delighted Devils fan here.

jenks33

Last edited:

OJLloyd

Love that Brandt is back. Not the biggest, but puts in those hits because of his very good balance.

Also put up good numbers in college, so here’s hoping a full pre-season and a good environment (which probably wasn’t the case when he came in) means he puts up some good numbers for his role as well.

Kevlar68

I'm liking the way the team is shaping up now, would like to see a newbie next, I reckon though any newbies will be stampede signings but the players won't make any difference in my season ticket renewal.
The fixtures have to be viable for me and if it's majority Saturdays again (atmosphere i didn't enjoy) and with Thursday games now announced also some Wednesday games that fixture list would be a no go so I would cherry pick games.

Mazzoak

He could well be a little gem for us, with the right coaching, guidance and opportunities, my only fear is he tries too hard, gets binned by our quality officials and benched. Definitely a great work ethic, loves the game and the Org.

Diablo3

He could well be a little gem for us, with the right coaching, guidance and opportunities, my only fear is he tries too hard, gets binned by our quality officials and benched. Definitely a great work ethic, loves the game and the Org.
I get what you are saying and thought that might be the case after his first few games. Thinking he had to do the massive hit every game, but he coped with it fine. He showed what he can do in the playoff final with more ice time. Those initial legal hits when he was let loose disrupted the Giants flow. I just see him getting better with time. Great signing.

E.D.S.

I'm liking the way the team is shaping up now, would like to see a newbie next, I reckon though any newbies will be stampede signings but the players won't make any difference in my season ticket renewal.
The fixtures have to be viable for me and if it's majority Saturdays again (atmosphere i didn't enjoy) and with Thursday games now announced also some Wednesday games that fixture list would be a no go so I would cherry pick games.
Agree. Loved the idea of Saturdays previously but having been exposed to the drunks - spilt drinks, swearing, pressure on the stewards and security - I’m all for a Sunday game. Each to their own though.