Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Rempel16

Who have we added?? I'm confused. It looks like it's just two returning coaches.

The title suggests we have added to the coaching team. Maybe i'm just being pedantic, which is probable.

I'm guessing there's no signing today now, (these don't count as signings, no matter how much the club dress it up), so my money is on the d-man being announced at the training session or towards the end of August.

Kevlar68

Coaching staff signings are just as important as the players. Without coaching staff you wouldn't have a team and players wouldn't improve their game. These guys know our players and our style of hockey, welcome back Luke and Dan.

This tweet would seem to confirm it.

Next in the (quite literally) hot seat is head coach @AndrewLord17

Talking about the 2019-20 squad & new arrivals Riley, McNamee, Marjamäki, McMonagle & _________

ASHIPP

What's not to like....a young defenceman who plays with speed and edge, a great work ethic, a winner. And anyone recommended by Tyson Strachan and Ryan Russell is good enough for me. Welcome to Cardiff, Sam.

osh

I like the look of this guy and think he will do a good job for us. Strachan knows the system here in Cardiff and he wouldn’t have put himself out to recommend the guy unless he thought he would be a good fit for the team. Think he will also take a load off Louis’ shoulders when it comes to protecting team mates.

Wannabe2

Great, great signing. As usual this club comes up trumps, this lad looks the Mutts Nutts, recommended by Sir Tyson Strachan, and Mr Ryan Russell. I am one happy bunny, well played once again Devils. Now let’s get it on.
Happy Hockey Days.

CaldicotDevil

I like the look of this guy and think he will do a good job for us. Strachan knows the system here in Cardiff and he wouldn’t have put himself out to recommend the guy unless he thought he would be a good fit for the team. Think he will also take a load off Louis’ shoulders when it comes to protecting team mates.
Cracking signing. With Louis, Riley & Jardine with got a great mix of grit & skill.

Does anybody know who’s on the uni deals this year?

Kevlar68

Like this signing. Great age with lots of potential and a high standard already with winning teams. Look forward to seeing Sam in action, welcome to the Devils.

SteveKing

I'm very excited about these two new dmen. A great blend of speed, skill and toughness. Safe to say that with Riley, Marjamaki and Jardine that we have significantly increased our physicality from last year's team. I believe that we're also younger and faster. McNamee is Lordo's personal pick as a real sleeper that may surprise a lot of people this year. Now let's get playing!

mjh

Can't wait to get season started now. I think this year will be a tougher ask as Shuff will be better and I like Nottingham's addition of Wallace. Belfast should still be strong but I feel like our team looks well set up and fancy our chances. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of the problems from last year. Gutted Mosey will miss much of the season as he's a difference maker. Personally excited to see Riley suit up as well as seeing the new D Men in action. Let's go Devils!