Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

jimmy snels

Hedden was a decent player and scored some nice goals but I would not put him in the 'must keep at all costs' category like Fournier, Martin and Linglet. Although Dixon had similar points to Hedden I think its Dixon charachter and crash bang style of play that made a lot of people want him back. Sometimes its about entertainment value as much as points. I wish Hedden well in his new team.

that sums it up best for me. a very nice way of putting it. good post

jenks33

Today would be a great day for us to announce a new D man. Our main rivals have announced the signings of very impressive defencemen this week (Pelech, Bettauer, Brocklehurst) it would be great if we made a bit of a statement and confirmed the signing of a top D man.

Today would be a great day for us to announce a new D man. Our main rivals have announced the signings of very impressive defencemen this week (Pelech, Bettauer, Brocklehurst) it would be great if we made a bit of a statement and confirmed the signing of a top D man.
Definitely, I’m just praying for the return of Reddick

Have Hope#35

Agree... #AnnounceRichie

jenks33

with respect, the signings elsewhere are of far far higher calibre. i like the guy but im pretty envious of a few of our rivals last couple of signings, Ex NHL guys or huge big league experience
Brett Carson is a player that I'm still hopeful that we might sign. His name has been rumoured and those rumours might be rubbish but his CV is impressive. You would also like to think that Linglet and Dixon know plenty of top D Men in Europe that might be interested in coming here.

ASHIPP

Generally acknowledged by fans that the defence corps needs size, skill and strength - our rivals have upgraded in all departments. To remain competitive, we have to keep up. In addition to the announcement of Richie returning, I am hoping the two remaining defence slots will be cracking players.

Temme

Generally acknowledged by fans that the defence corps needs size, skill and strength - our rivals have upgraded in all departments. To remain competitive, we have to keep up. In addition to the announcement of Richie returning, I am hoping the two remaining defence slots will be cracking players.
For me, it's not about the size of the player in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the player.
Reddick is the biggest player on our roster in my opinion, we have Louis who is as good as any heavyweight in the league.

I'd take Reddick over a guy we don't know who *May* be better on paper and 6 ft 5.

That being said, my favourite year was probably 08-09 when we had McIver, Jarvis & Hartwick all on D!!!