Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Rempel16

Fair play, the line-up looks quality so far, plenty of speed and explosive power, with skill in abundance, and for fans like me who enjoy the physicality of the game, it bodes well that throughout the roster only Joey Martin is smaller than six foot.

Marjamaki could be the ideal Andrew Lord replacement that we missed last season and i'm super excited to see Riley in a Devils jersey.

jenks33

So 10 forwards have been confirmed. Who do we think the remaining 2 or 3 forwards will be? I think Benti will be one of them with Morissette/Livingston as possibly the 13th forward. And I think the last signing will be a first line goalscorer. I remember Lordo doing an interview a few weeks ago and he pretty much praised Belfast for biding their time during their recruitment last summer and picking up Baun and Dwyer late on in the summer. I think that’s what Lordo is doing with that last signing. He’s possibly spoken to a few guys that are waiting to see if they’ll get a contract in a higher league

bb1

Really happy with the return of Myers and Dixon and the new signings of Marjamaki & Riley. Looks like these guys will be superb 2 way gritty guys for us who will give 110% every shift.

How many more signings do we have to announce?

Gazza272

So 10 forwards have been confirmed. Who do we think the remaining 2 or 3 forwards will be? I think Benti will be one of them with Morissette/Livingston as possibly the 13th forward. And I think the last signing will be a first line goalscorer. I remember Lordo doing an interview a few weeks ago and he pretty much praised Belfast for biding their time during their recruitment last summer and picking up Baun and Dwyer late on in the summer. I think that’s what Lordo is doing with that last signing. He’s possibly spoken to a few guys that are waiting to see if they’ll get a contract in a higher league

There's more than 10 isn't there?

Martin
Riley
Pope
Dixon
Linglet
Haddad
Mcnamee
Majamaki
Myers
Duggan
Batch.

I make that 11. So one more import forward to be announced? And a possible spare at most?

jenks33

There's more than 10 isn't there?

Martin
Riley
Pope
Dixon
Linglet
Haddad
Mcnamee
Majamaki
Myers
Duggan
Batch.

I make that 11. So one more import forward to be announced? And a possible spare at most?
Can you see Batch playing more forward than D? We’re missing one more natural goalscorer for me. Don’t get me wrong it’s a strong lineup but there’s more dishers than natural goalscorers in my opinion

Gazza272

Can you see Batch playing more forward than D? We’re missing one more natural goalscorer for me. Don’t get me wrong it’s a strong lineup but there’s more dishers than natural goalscorers in my opinion
I'd be very surprised to see Batch deployed anywhere other than a forward. He ended the season magnificently there, and him and Myers seem to have real Chemistry giving us good depth on that 4th unit.

bb1

As we are yet to sign other D men it looks like Yann Sauve is on the move to UNKNOWN. Would be a superb addition to our team

Rempel16

As we are yet to sign other D men it looks like Yann Sauve is on the move to UNKNOWN. Would be a superb addition to our team
Agree with that!

Reddick, Sauve, Carson and Reddox would finish the team off nicely.... Although I can't see the budget allowing for that. And also assumes that there's no Bentivoglio, Morissette, Livingston or Ulmer re-signing.

I would edge my bets that Benti will be back.
Then it depends on the plans for/of Morissette, Livingston & Ulmer and if Josh is to play F or D.
Do we as a squad carry 13 forwards & 7 D.?
Personally, I'll be disappointment to not see Hedden back.

Finny

I'd be very surprised to see Batch deployed anywhere other than a forward. He ended the season magnificently there, and him and Myers seem to have real Chemistry giving us good depth on that 4th unit.
Same here.
If we have an injury on D then of course Batch can drop back, but when everyone is fit I think he'll play as a forward. I think he's on the Devils website as a forward too.

The point that we don't have an out-and-out goalscorer is a fair one, but then maybe we don't need one?
We've probably got between 6 and 8 forwards who you'd expect to score 20+ goals. Add in fournier and probably one other goalscoring Dman and that could well be enough.
And we mustn't forget that both Martin and Riley both hit the 30 goal mark last season.

ASHIPP

Or

Riley Martin Bentivoglio/Hedden
Linglet Dixon Marjamaki
Livingston McNamee Duggan
Pope Myers Haddad

Players on lines 1-2, and 3-4 interchangeable. Some wingers favour playing left or right but could play either.

Last edited: