Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Gospel

Im not surprised Drew isnt coming back. When you look at it cold heartedly he came in very late on & we know already that D men were very few and far between at that time of the year. he fitted what we needed at that time. New season & new sights set by the team & they have clearly identified quality new guys to come in.

jenks33

I liked Schiestel but I’m not surprised that he’s moved on. I think it’s obvious that we need a Strachan type D man and I’m sure that’s what Lordo is looking for. Defence will probably be the same as last season with one new big stay at home defenceman. Probably a utility player to replace mosey as well.

I thought Schiestel was really solid, put up good numbers and hit like a train. Disappointed to see him go, but you have to trust in the process. We usually make good decisions in this regard. When Asselin or Doucet didnt re-sign I was sad to see them leave, but we've typically always upgraded.

august04

Really disappointed to have lost Schiestel, who I think did a great job for us. With him gone and Mosey likely to be out for most if not all of next season, that’s a big part of last year’s D corp that needs replacing. Blaze looking better though, very impressed with their last two signings.

Devils86

It’s a great signing for Blaze and if Drew wanted the uni place then fair play to him if we couldn’t offer him one. That being said if we have already assigned the places then that bodes well for our business this summer. Or maybe Drew didn’t want to do an MBA an instead wanted the Sports Management course at Coventry.

A loss for us as he provided something different on the blue line. When he came in he gave us that composure/confidence to make the right transition pass, had a decent shot and he was solid in his own end - not to mention could hit when needed.

Surprised at the news but I’m sure we will have someone lined up. Will be more D-men on the market at this time of year.

Maybe a Friday signing will reveal who is going to step into his skates.

BostonBart22

It’s a great signing for Blaze and if Drew wanted the uni place then fair play to him if we couldn’t offer him one. That being said if we have already assigned the places then that bodes well for our business this summer. Or maybe Drew didn’t want to do an MBA an instead wanted the Sports Management course at Coventry.

A loss for us as he provided something different on the blue line. When he came in he gave us that composure/confidence to make the right transition pass, had a decent shot and he was solid in his own end - not to mention could hit when needed.

Surprised at the news but I’m sure we will have someone lined up. Will be more D-men on the market at this time of year.

Maybe a Friday signing will reveal who is going to step into his skates.
HOTHAM...

Devils86

Sam Duggan I reckon
That’s the majority opinion on Twitter - height (shoulder to shoulder), to a lesser extent that SD has been used in promo-video for Father’s Day (with Martin and Haddad), and mentioned by Lord as someone he loves working with all point to him re-signing at some point.

He’s also a bit of a poster boy for us with his Pride Ambassador role.

Swarley

That’s the majority opinion on Twitter - height (shoulder to shoulder), to a lesser extent that SD has been used in promo-video for Father’s Day (with Martin and Haddad), and mentioned by Lord as someone he loves working with all point to him re-signing at some point.

He’s also a bit of a poster boy for us with his Pride Ambassador role.
Having thought about it more and seeing Rutkis with Batch today it could be Rutkis or Duggan, but if its Rutkis I'd prefer him to be with us full time instead of splitting his ice time in Swindon

Having thought about it more and seeing Rutkis with Batch today it could be Rutkis or Duggan, but if its Rutkis I'd prefer him to be with us full time instead of splitting his ice time in Swindon
What and have Rutkis spend a year having 5 mins icetime? With Swindon in the new league it will give him more opportunity to improve through actually playing.

Temme

I too think it's Duggan; Steve King half leaked it on Twitter with the Mosey injury

"Get well soon Evan, Duggy needs you!" (that is not a direct quote but something similar - just for those not on twitter.

I like playing guess who with signings;

Haddad is ~6"2 - that guy must be around 6"?

Who else do we know that would wear the sleeve rolled up slightly exposing the wrist... Fournier? ;)

I can't see Fourns still being in Cardiff!

Wannabe2

I can see Fournier returning, nothing would surprise me with our club, they have a huge habit of turning up trumps. I can see more untrue news coming, that’s why we must always support our club, because by goodness they support us. Best ticket in Cardiff again this coming season, get yours while you can it’s going to be a blast.