Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Ocko

It’s certainly a testament to the new ownership but since they took over every year I care even less who we sign. I know that come August we will have a great (and IMO entertaining) team who will challenge. Previous ownership granted it was a huge deal because it was touch and go if we had a full team.

Just enjoy the summer and don’t fret whether it’s 1201 on a Friday and the Devils haven’t announced a signing. I quite enjoy the break from the stress of competing for everything.

Last edited:

Devil94

I still get amazed every year how some people moan or complain about signing news. It will be the same team on the ice in August doesn't matter when they're announced, just chill out!

Devil94

I have seen plenty! Complaints about no news, that the Friday signings are boring, the drip feeding of news is boring. And on Twitter it's even worse, with people practically begging the club for some announcements. Just relax!

Temme

A forum is a place for eliciting discussion, be it healthy or unhealthy.

This forum would be incredibly boring if everyone shared the same viewpoint.

There would be no conversation if not for difference opinion, and open & receptiveness to other peoples ideas.

kingmo19.1

A forum is a place for eliciting discussion, be it healthy or unhealthy.

This forum would be incredibly boring if everyone shared the same viewpoint.

There would be no conversation if not for difference opinion, and open & receptiveness to other peoples ideas.

Finny

I had a look a couple of weeks back, and we’re running at a similar schedule to previous years with announcements.
Usually one big re-signing before end of season ticket deadline. A couple more re-signings in the following weeks. Brits confirmed as re-signing when they return from World Championships. Then often we have several weeks with nothing.
In past seasons we’ve had a number of signings announced when Lord and Kelman fly out to Calgary before we start getting 2 signings a week for the end of July.

It wouldn’t surprise me though if signings are announced slower and later this summer. Missing out on the league title might mean Lordo re-evaluates who he wants back and takes a bit longer looking at who might be available.

terry hunt

I think he has a lot of time pressure.Our CHL competitors are in training already.Our first year in the CHL our team was not up to speed.
I cant believe Lordo wants that situation again.

jenks33

Slightly surprised with this signing. A 100% fit Joey Haddad is one of our best players. I just thought Joey might have retired this summer due to the injury issues he had last year. I also thought Lordo might have thought it was risky to re-sign Joey due to those injury problems. If he stays fit he's one of my favourite Devils players. I'm just concerned it's a big IF

osh

Hoping Joey has a healthy upcoming season, so frustrating to see him sidelined for half of last season when we know what he is capable of, his style of play was missed. Hoping to see Dixon - another Nova Scotian - returning also.

ASHIPP

Great to see Joey back...lets hope he can avoid injury. At his best, he is unplayable. Would love to see that version of Joey Haddad next season.