Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Devils86

Great signing for you but.......
Is he really the GOAT? The greatest hockey player of all time?
Is he even the best our league has ever seen?
Is he actually the Best Devil ever?
Or is he the BDAATM (Best Devil around at the moment)?
In my other sport Valentino Rossi was the original GOAT and will be for a long time to come and that is on a world stage, in hockey terms I dont think he mirrors Valentino!
[Apologies Wagstaff in advance]

BURN THE HERETIC!

Q1: Yes
Q2: Yes
Q3: Yes
Q4: Yes

In all seriousness if you read how Lord talks about JM it sounds like he is talking about a captain - a leader of men. Would not be surprised to see Joey take over from Jake when the time comes

Earnie

#88 Top class in every respect. Long has made a huge mistake if the giants rumours are true. Steelers and Panthers are going insane. Hahahahaha it's already a great off season.
I don't see why he has made a huge mistake , nor do I find anything regarding Steelers and Panthers views on the matter?

pjj365

Why would a Brit have to move on
We can have as many on the roster as we like
Icing is a different matter 14 imports 8 Brits of which 3 must be <23
Going forward a roster including one or two spares would carry us through what could be a tough season - either to rest a player or as injury cover. Massive coaching dilemma though if all are fit

Samael

#88 is a foundation player. The modern equivalent of McEwen. You build your squad around guys like Joey and Doug because they are the complete package and they raise the play of those on their lines.

I'm over the moon he's returning and l think of all the Lord era players when the sad time comes that Joey isn't pulling on a Devils jersey (which l hope is a long time away) at the start of a league campaign his 88 should be hoisted up into the rafters for his service and loyalty to the club.

Wannabe2

#88 is a foundation player. The modern equivalent of McEwen. You build your squad around guys like Joey and Doug because they are the complete package and they raise the play of those on their lines.

I'm over the moon he's returning and l think of all the Lord era players when the sad time comes that Joey isn't pulling on a Devils jersey (which l hope is a long time away) at the start of a league campaign his 88 should be hoisted up into the rafters for his service and loyalty to the club.
Great post, and spot on.

Rich Best

Great news, welcome back Evo! What a fantastic player, no one in league matches him for speed and great to have a defensive and offensive option. Always puts the effort in and not afraid to put his body on the line. Also seems like a happy and positive personality.

BostonBart22

Great to have him back to get our league trophy back...always liked him when he was with the panthers and always wished he would play for the devils at some stage, although he came to us in november he put in a fantastic season in that short spell..especially after thet horrific hit v panthers..

Delighted with our two re-signings. But, what is happening with Lordo, we've heard nothing about him extending his contract or heaven forbid not? All this talk of player/assistant coach coming in, granted a rumour is starting to unnerve me.

Wannabe2

Delighted with our two re-signings. But, what is happening with Lordo, we've heard nothing about him extending his contract or heaven forbid not? All this talk of player/assistant coach coming in, granted a rumour is starting to unnerve me.
Chill buddy Lordo ain’t going anywhere, he loves Cardiff, as much as Cardiff loves him, no problemo.