Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

jenks33

I'm very excited about these two new dmen. A great blend of speed, skill and toughness. Safe to say that with Riley, Marjamaki and Jardine that we have significantly increased our physicality from last year's team. I believe that we're also younger and faster. McNamee is Lordo's personal pick as a real sleeper that may surprise a lot of people this year. Now let's get playing!
Is that us definitely done recruitment wise now Steve? Another forward maybe?

Wannabe2

I'm very excited about these two new dmen. A great blend of speed, skill and toughness. Safe to say that with Riley, Marjamaki and Jardine that we have significantly increased our physicality from last year's team. I believe that we're also younger and faster. McNamee is Lordo's personal pick as a real sleeper that may surprise a lot of people this year. Now let's get playing!
With you all the way guvnor, we have another team to take to our hearts, a team that again will be a massive threat to everyone, a Cardiff Devils team that is JUST THAT a Cardiff Devils team. Enjoy the ride everyone, because here we go again, don’t you just love it, untrue.
Happy Hockey Days

CaldicotDevil

I reckon we will still have a signing to announce, just a gut feeling, but when your the best, you want to stay the best, and our classy owners want to stay the best.
I think we’re done signing wise, unless someone too good to be missed crops up post training camps or Mosey has a set back in rehab.

Devilsatw

It’s all good signing top end players but where are they all playing?
Not all these good players will get the icetime required.

And if a top end signing is to be announced who sits out?

jenks33

Slightly disappointed we didn’t get Carson (although that rumour might have been nonsense) but I’m still very happy with Jardine. 37 AHL games last season and positive references from Marjamaki, Ryan Russell and Tyson Strachan. He should fit in well

Diablo3

You know what... if we don't sign anyone else, we still have a roster the other teams in the league will be jealous of regardless of who they have signed. We will compete don't worry.

Nothing has been mentioned about Ulmer, Morissette and Livingston. I guess they are retiring / moving on so I wish them well and thanks for all the entertainment.

ASHIPP

I am guessing it's going to be re-inforcements for the CHL campaign and injury cover spare for the domestic schedule. Don't get too excited. It's probably Morissette( with a coaching position?) he hasn't been announced with a job yet.

voth26

It’s all good signing top end players but where are they all playing?
Not all these good players will get the icetime required.

And if a top end signing is to be announced who sits out?
why so negative I don't think ive read one positive post of yours, who are you the doom slayer??

If Morrisette isn't coming back then who do you think will wear the C next season? One of the A's most likely? Joey, Richy or Myers. I'm thinking Joey...

BostonBart22

I am guessing it's going to be re-inforcements for the CHL campaign and injury cover spare for the domestic schedule. Don't get too excited. It's probably Morissette( with a coaching position?) he hasn't been announced with a job yet.
MO wont retire he will either stay for the CHL for numbers or drop down a league, maybe new boys leeds or MK with Lawday ?

Devil94

It will be Cardiff or nowhere for Mo. Would like to see him at the club in some capacity, but I think his best days as a player are behind him. Instead of going for one season too many, I'd like to see him finish on a high and be remembered as the most successful captain in Devils history.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Captain is going to be Riley. Read what Steve, Lordo and Todd say in interviews and at the summit about Blair's leadership and motivational skills. It's an absolute no-brainer.

At last a charismatic, hard-nosed, wont-take-any-crap leader. A highly skilled player as well with a total on-ice presence. Been sorely missing that ever since Lordo retired from playing.

bb1

2 quality signings on D.

Mcmonagle looks like he has the stickhandling of Hotham but with more speed. Quite an exciting signing.

Jardine looks a quality pick up. Young and most definately will be hungry to show his talent. Think he may turn out to be a fan favourite!

With regard to one extra signing I hope there is one more in the bag. Aulin has been rumoured which may be rubbish. If its not then that would be an incredible guy to pick up for our CHL and league campaigns.

BostonBart22

Captain is going to be Riley. Read what Steve, Lordo and Todd say in interviews and at the summit about Blair's leadership and motivational skills. It's an absolute no-brainer.

At last a charismatic, hard-nosed, wont-take-any-crap leader. A highly skilled player as well with a total on-ice presence. Been sorely missing that ever since Lordo retired from playing.
I thought that.. Could be part of the deal that brought him here from Belfast... Good choice.