Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Wannabe2

Number 24 is the one number that a tough cookie wears, this is usually the guy that says mess with my mates, you mess with me. It’s a number that is usually held in high esteem, and is the only number that carries that message, you don’t have to be number 24 to be tough, but you don’t want to wear it if you ain’t. One number no one will wear is number 99, as it was Wayne Gretzky number, and no one is going to be a Wayne Gretzky, it’s called respect. Hockey is very much about respect, more than I think in any other sport, hope that explains it a bit. Many others can explain this far better than me, but I hope I have helped in my small way.

jenks33

Maybe Blood chose 77 as another one of our new signings has already chosen 24. Mike Caruso left Dornbirner a few weeks ago and he’s number 24. 350+ AHL games and a couple of NHL games. Also played with Strachan in San Antonio.
A few people have guessed Alex Plante tho so there could be something in that. Played in the Asia league when Pope was out there so he might have put in a good word for him

Wannabe2

Cardiff would never retire number 24, they are too classy and we are owned by TRUE HOCKEY PEOPLE never in a million years will 24 hang from our rafters, and quite rightly so. I mean who would nick milk and carrots off Rudolph.

Ocko

Number 24 is the one number that a tough cookie wears, this is usually the guy that says mess with my mates, you mess with me. It’s a number that is usually held in high esteem, and is the only number that carries that message, you don’t have to be number 24 to be tough, but you don’t want to wear it if you ain’t. One number no one will wear is number 99, as it was Wayne Gretzky number, and no one is going to be a Wayne Gretzky, it’s called respect. Hockey is very much about respect, more than I think in any other sport, hope that explains it a bit. Many others can explain this far better than me, but I hope I have helped in my small way.
But number 24 has been retired plenty of times over the world, including a number in the NHL. Incidentally most of them aren’t actually tough players! If someone was worthy of it and wore #24 the club wouldn’t hesitate.