Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

august04

Have to disagree with you here ( it’s not how many you win etc ) you can turn up for as many as you want, but by doing so, you really need a guy to win more than he loses. We expected so much more in the fighting stats with Didiomete and he turned out to be a flop. Therefore the opposition weren’t too concerned if he dropped the gloves as it meant we really weren’t going to miss a decent player. Not a bad signing for sure, but I’m hoping for a better D man to be announced in the very near future to compliment Reddicks undoubted enthusiasm and attacking prowess. Not overwhelmed to be honest and hope the remaining signings have better cv’s.
Blood looks to be the stay at home D man to replace Strachan, with Hotham’s more offensive replacement to come. Looks like he’ll therefore be partnering Reddick at the back end. Let’s be honest, Strachan saved Reddick’s job last season. Will be interesting to see how this potential pairing perform next season.

Devil_Abroad

Or strachs and 2 newbi forwards fingers crossed
Think we’ve just seen the Strachan replacement.

The last D will be an offensive big D man - not as good as Hotham but will share the load with Fournier and Reddick (yes, this season Reddick will start piling up the points! Hoping)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rich Best

God everyone is so negative and derogatory about Reddick. The guy was awesome last season. True devil. Didn't leave much on the ice. Give him a break for God sake! Maybe Reddick made Strachan look good. We may never know!

Slartibartfast

This signing should keep those who miss the fighting happy. Looking at videos of him he reminds me of Mike Ware but that worries me a bit. Mike was a good player and a great fighter but the red mist cost us dearly at times. Blood has attacked one of his own players in training and punched someone in the hand shake. He looks a decent player but lets hope Lordo can control him.

osh

Blood looks to be the stay at home D man to replace Strachan, with Hotham’s more offensive replacement to come. Looks like he’ll therefore be partnering Reddick at the back end. Let’s be honest, Strachan saved Reddick’s job last season. Will be interesting to see how this potential pairing perform next season.
Yes you could be right, hence my comment that I’m not overwhelmed by the signing. Blood is not of the stature of Strachan for sure, and you are 100% correct, Strachan kept Reddick in a job with us last season. I would imagine Blood to be cheaper than Strachan ( who I would have loved to see return this season ) Therefore, the next D man should be a more offensive type ( and potentially more expensive option ) and be at least equal or better than Hotham ( a very tough ask ) it has been mentioned that we need to improve year on year, do I see Blood as an improvement on Strachan, no. So, I remain ever hopeful that as we seem to have downgraded (Blood replacing Strachan ) we need to upgrade with an incoming D man to replace Hotham !

Wannabe2

God everyone is so negative and derogatory about Reddick. The guy was awesome last season. True devil. Didn't leave much on the ice. Give him a break for God sake! Maybe Reddick made Strachan look good. We may never know!
Who is everyone, most people are glad to see Reddick back, myself I am well chuffed this young man is back, he is a Devil thru and thru.

august04

This signing should keep those who miss the fighting happy. Looking at videos of him he reminds me of Mike Ware but that worries me a bit. Mike was a good player and a great fighter but the red mist cost us dearly at times. Blood has attacked one of his own players in training and punched someone in the hand shake. He looks a decent player but lets hope Lordo can control him.
This guy looks like he’ll drop the gloves but I wouldn’t classify him as a fighter at all.

Devil_Abroad

Yes you could be right, hence my comment that I’m not overwhelmed by the signing. Blood is not of the stature of Strachan for sure, and you are 100% correct, Strachan kept Reddick in a job with us last season. I would imagine Blood to be cheaper than Strachan ( who I would have loved to see return this season ) Therefore, the next D man should be a more offensive type ( and potentially more expensive option ) and be at least equal or better than Hotham ( a very tough ask ) it has been mentioned that we need to improve year on year, do I see Blood as an improvement on Strachan, no. So, I remain ever hopeful that as we seem to have downgraded (Blood replacing Strachan ) we need to upgrade with an incoming D man to replace Hotham !
Hotham was an enigma

If he were to like training then he’d still be in DEL and be a star there

He did everything which is why he just can’t be replaced. I do think you’re right in the sense the last D will be an offensive D and a good one

Wannabe2

God mate wait to see the man first, he has just won the Finnish league, which is far superior to our league, that championship team signed him season after season. Our coach is the Mutts Nutts, he sees what he sees, and that’s far superior to you, me and most others. Lords balancing act is what matters not us amateurs.

SteveKing

I'll be very interested to see Blood in our league. For people comparing him to Strachan, Ben will likely be more physical and a little quicker but what made Strachan special was his poise and intelligence in his own end. Remains to be seen how Ben compares in that regard. Overall, expect a faster team this year compared to last with quite a bit more energy. Ben will fit very well into that identity.

osh

Equal or better than hotham??!!! You obviously haven't been watching for long lol
I’m normally in agreement with much of what you post, not this time unfortunately. I’ve been watching A lot longer than you I would imagine (lol ). The point I’m making is that the Devils have stated they need to improve year on year to maintain and improve upon the very high standards achieved since the new owners came onboard. We lose Strachan ( the best out and out D man in the EIHL last season in my opinion ) and we replace him with a player who has not played at a similar level. Hence my comment that with the loss of Hotham, we need to bring in someone of at least equal standard to Hoth or potentially better, what’s so funny about that ?

Rich Best

I’m normally in agreement with much of what you post, not this time unfortunately. I’ve been watching A lot longer than you I would imagine (lol ). The point I’m making is that the Devils have stated they need to improve year on year to maintain and improve upon the very high standards achieved since the new owners came onboard. We lose Strachan ( the best out and out D man in the EIHL last season in my opinion ) and we replace him with a player who has not played at a similar level. Hence my comment that with the loss of Hotham, we need to bring in someone of at least equal standard to Hoth or potentially better, what’s so funny about that ?
Hotham is the best I have ever seen. We won't replace him. My opinion and am sure the opinion of others. No offence meant.

Devil_Abroad

I'll be very interested to see Blood in our league. For people comparing him to Strachan, Ben will likely be more physical and a little quicker but what made Strachan special was his poise and intelligence in his own end. Remains to be seen how Ben compares in that regard. Overall, expect a faster team this year compared to last with quite a bit more energy. Ben will fit very well into that identity.
Hmmm now there’s a hint for the final 3 signings? I believe someone did guess Blood earlier this week so kudos to them

Now then Steve, how about some more clues?........

I’ve not seen anything of Blood, and I know that European leagues are less tolerant of physical play, but 513PIMs in the last 3 seasons seems a lot to me when that only includes 8 fights. I hope he’s not too much of a loose cannon.

osh

God mate wait to see the man first, he has just won the Finnish league, which is far superior to our league, that championship team signed him season after season. Our coach is the Mutts Nutts, he sees what he sees, and that’s far superior to you, me and most others. Lords balancing act is what matters not us amateurs.
Have you seen Blood play in a live game ? I have, and ‘mate’ in my opinion he is nowhere near the standard of Strachan. Yes, he has just been in a team who won the Finnish league and now that he is onboard I hope he is a standout player for us. I love your enthusiasm and love of everything Devils, but I am simply comparing him to a player we appear to have lost, and he doesn’t compare. Of course, Lord has signed him and we go with his judgement but as you have so often said, this is a forum where we amateurs are entitled to state opinions, my opinion is Blood is not an improvement on Strachan.

SteveKing

I don't have any clues at this point. Maybe as the signings come closer. I'm heading out on holidays so may not have internet access. By the way, Blood's former coach told Lordo that his penalties were for hitting hard in a league that doesn't have much hitting. I'll take that kind of player all day long back there.