Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Paul Sullivan

I hope however we do sign a solid no nonsense guy on D who will police games when necessary.
I get this viewpoint. For me though I've never enjoyed having your tough guy (if we even have one this year) on D. Too big a hole to cover for 5 minutes or God forbid, 17. I do however love knowing nothing, and blindly speculating with trust in those who make the signings. It's fun for hockey to be about the hockey.

Devil_Abroad

People are forgetting that Morisette can play center which would leave room for Selleck to be a 3rd line winger. That would work
Selleck would be a waste of an import slot. We need a top quality centre the calibre of Martin. We have the following;

Pope Martin Hedden
Haddad Import Bentivoglio
Faryna Ulmer Morissette
Batch Myers Moore

Selleck just doesn’t fit and is not the right calibre for #3peat and CHL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why people would move Ulmer off the second line is beyond me... highly rated and respected and clutch down the stretch. I'd be amazed if he played 3rd line for us this year. That said, the ability to have guys like Mo or Ulmer who can play up or down the lines would be massive for us. There really would be 2 second lines with options like that.

bb1

I get this viewpoint. For me though I've never enjoyed having your tough guy (if we even have one this year) on D. Too big a hole to cover for 5 minutes or God forbid, 17. I do however love knowing nothing, and blindly speculating with trust in those who make the signings. It's fun for hockey to be about the hockey.
Just so my view isn't misconstrued...im not saying I want guy on D who is an out and out fighter, simply I'd like to see a guy in the mould of a Dion Darling (but better) like Strachan who can play as a stay at home but will take absoluitely no BS in front of our net and deter anybody from taking a run at Bownes (which has happened way too much over last 2 seasons).
Louis can play this role but I feel if Strachan does not return then we have to go with a guy of Strachan's calibre imo. Im sure Lordo has already signed up a couple of outstanding D men who are ready to be announced. One of which I hope will fit the above.

ASHIPP

Happy days Big Lou is back. His instinctive partnership with Fournier is a no brainer.

Mark was obviously frustrated with his injury last season and he might well have had to adjust his on-ice role during his recovery and return.

Fully fit, and with the snarl and menace he showed in his first season, we'll see exactly why Mark has become such a fan favorite.

E.D.S.

Delighted this fella is back.
When he’s cooking on gas he’s unplayable. Protects and carries the puck so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was praying for a nasty stay at home d man but I Guess he will do.
Although he's not the best fighter and lost to Tyler biggs who plays for panthers if I'm correct.

RedDevil17

Although he's not the best fighter and lost to Tyler biggs who plays for panthers if I'm correct.
Are you being serious when you say 'he will do'? We've just signed a huge 6'4 ‘stay at home’ D man who has played for the Finnish champs and was part of the title winning team last season...what more could you want? It's a major statement of intent and this guy will stick up for players, especially bownsy. Guessing this guy will be a replacement for Paris. Welcome Ben Blood.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Ben Blood is a stay at home D Man, he has just played 3 seasons in a league that’s far higher than our league, he ain’t afraid to drop the gloves ( it’s not how many you win, it’s how many you turn up for ) this is a big signing for us, like all the great signings Lordo has made in the last few seasons. We all have our opinions, me included, but this guy always comes up trumps. Very chuffed about this signing, and also chuffed Reddick is back. 3 to go it’s getting exciting.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

osh

Ben Blood is a stay at home D Man, he has just played 3 seasons in a league that’s far higher than our league, he ain’t afraid to drop the gloves ( it’s not how many you win, it’s how many you turn up for ) this is a big signing for us, like all the great signings Lordo has made in the last few seasons. We all have our opinions, me included, but this guy always comes up trumps. Very chuffed about this signing, and also chuffed Reddick is back. 3 to go it’s getting exciting.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Have to disagree with you here ( it’s not how many you win etc ) you can turn up for as many as you want, but by doing so, you really need a guy to win more than he loses. We expected so much more in the fighting stats with Didiomete and he turned out to be a flop. Therefore the opposition weren’t too concerned if he dropped the gloves as it meant we really weren’t going to miss a decent player. Not a bad signing for sure, but I’m hoping for a better D man to be announced in the very near future to compliment Reddicks undoubted enthusiasm and attacking prowess. Not overwhelmed to be honest and hope the remaining signings have better cv’s.