Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

RedDevil17

Brett Gallant would be a huge waste of an Import slot. Any player that can go multiple seasons without scoring a single point in 50 odd games, should stay well away lol...

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
I personally don’t think he would be a waste. I have to completely disagree with you. One of the toughest enforcers in the world on the 3rd/4th Line to be a checking Forward. He’s not in the AHL to put up points and putting up points for him is an added bonus when you consider the role he plays. You’re a decent player if you’ve played in the AHL full stop and he’s got a lot of games under his belt. He’s been with some pretty big boys too in terms of toughness. Look up some of his fights. People thought Kurtz was a waste of an import slot but look how important he was to Belfast’s roster. He played a 3rd line checking forward and he did it very well. Gallant would play a similar role. I’d certainly love one of the toughest players in the world on our roster. Who wouldn’t?

zoesdevil

Thanks mate, you said everything I meant, but in a much better way. This lad has over 300 games in the AHL, 4in the NHL. Would love to see him here.
I heard a rumour we've been after him before, so it could like what Lord has said before, we speak to players & they said they're not ready to come to our league at that present time, but will sign for us when they're ready to. Who knows!! We never thought we could sign a player like Weller did we.

august04

I wouldn’t want us to sign a meathead but would like us to sign a tough guy who can play effectively and be intimidating too. I retain hope that might be the outcome but am expecting it not to be the case and to be told that we’ve got plenty of team toughness, when in reality Reddick and Faryna will be the only ones to stand up for themselves. But then we’ll probably win the league so what do I know!

bb1

Brett Gallant would be a huge waste of an Import slot. Any player that can go multiple seasons without scoring a single point in 50 odd games, should stay well away lol...

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
I have to say some of the tough guys like Gallant don't get the respect they deserve as players. No hes not going to light the league up on the score board but guys like him have lasted in the AHL for so long for a reason!!!

People put so much emphasis on point production yet forget the roles of the guys. They arent just there to fight! They are used as 4th line bangers and these are the guys who are used to take the wind out of the other teams sails and disrupt their plays also to create space just in the way Cam Janssen and Bordy did. Thats what breaks opposition down in order for your skilled players to put the points up. They never gets the credit it deserve imo.

Would a guy like him find it hard in the CHL....yes probably so. However someone like Gallant would be in the same playing mould as a Josh Batch but with more experience and more battle scars. Batchy does a great job when he gets the opportunity so if we ever went after a player like a Gallant many would be extremely happy.

I have to say some of the tough guys like Gallant don't get the respect they deserve as players. No hes not going to light the league up on the score board but guys like him have lasted in the AHL for so long for a reason!!!

People put so much emphasis on point production yet forget the roles of the guys. They arent just there to fight! They are used as 4th line bangers and these are the guys who are used to take the wind out of the other teams sails and disrupt their plays also to create space just in the way Cam Janssen and Bordy did. Thats what breaks opposition down in order for your skilled players to put the points up. They never gets the credit it deserve imo.

Would a guy like him find it hard in the CHL....yes probably so. However someone like Gallant would be in the same playing mould as a Josh Batch but with more experience and more battle scars. Batchy does a great job when he gets the opportunity so if we ever went after a player like a Gallant many would be extremely happy.
I certainly would, opposition players would be very wary of overstepping the mark and as has been said he would create space for our skilled players to flourish.

How are tonight's players being announced?
Did I read somewhere periscope?
If so who do I follow or search for on there
Ye it’s being announced on periscope but is linked to the devils twitter so you just need to follow them on there to watch the announcements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Not long now guys, the final countdown, as it gets closer, so it gets longer or that’s how it seems. Think we will have news every week now, as the season gets forever closer.