Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

I'm very pleased Josh is back. It was a difficult season of adjustments; a new position and role, season ending injury to his line mate which prevented us rolling 4 line, a long lay off himself.

But he still performed. Got one of the key goals of the season too. I am expecting more from him this season but that's just because he has settled into his position now and is fully fit. Just needs a little more aggession and he's there.

CaldicotDevil

Great signing. I think the GB factor will be massive for Batch. He missed out and seeing his team get gold would’ve hurt him. Can see him coming out flying this season with a point to prove to the GB coaches/selection.

I'm one of the few that says it how it is.

Roll on the season when everyone slates players again and wants them sacked by November.

But then when we win playoffs and the league everyone thinks the players are World beaters. Hypocrites

Wannabe2

Sorry mate you don’t say it as it is, you say it as you see it, there’s a huge difference thankfully. If Josh stays fit this season he will be just dandy, obviously Lordo knows that, and he is the Messiah. I honestly think Josh will have a standout season this coming, and let’s face it every team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.

Tell me how josh has improved?? He's been here years now and I don't see any change at all. Barely fights barely hits hardly ever scores. No intimidation facer at all.
You don't see a different player than the one who arrived 8 yrs ago? I do, he's twice the skater he was, hit's harder and has fought some very tough opponents when required,The coach (who I presume you rate) trusts him to play as a forward or d-man and for a brit that's a big plus. I'm glad he's back.

Temme

Great signing. I think the GB factor will be massive for Batch. He missed out and seeing his team get gold would’ve hurt him. Can see him coming out flying this season with a point to prove to the GB coaches/selection.
Interestingly i see this being the complete opposite way around, which is why i thought he'd leave us.

He really needs some support on the 4th line to showcase his talents to GB selectors.

More so, he would be getting bigger and more important minutes at MK for example that he may be able to work with.

8 minutes a night with Cardiff is not going to see him selected for GB is the cruel reality.

Look at someone like Luke Ferrara at Coventry at the minute.

3 seasons with Sheffield he played 128 games - contributing only 21 points.

He moved down to Coventry this year and has put up 29 points in only 48 games, looked very good on a higher line and was a big part of their powerplay.

I honestly thought Batchy would leave us to keep his GB dream alive.

Wannabe2

I think Batchy will get more ice time this season, and hopefully moore will stay fit, I can see Batchy having a standout year,, and getting his GB spot back. Lordo would not have resigned him otherwise.

I’m really pleased to see Batchy back this season I think he played his role perfectly last year and will have a top year this year.

I also think all of the brits will have a point to prove this year to show they deserve there place in the team. If you think Moore classes as an normal Brit after this season and not a U23 so it will mean that we would need to loose one of the Brit pack we have after this season unless one of them is happy to be a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazzoak

It’s great news that our nets are well and truly covered again.
I doubt Bowns will ever go abroad. The stigma of being a U.K. player hasn’t changed. I can’t see a higher tier club taking a punt on him as a number 1 choice and what is the point of being benched most games. I wouldn’t want Bowns as an ice hockey version of Gareth Bale. Selfishly l want him in Cardiff, for his whole career, then as part of our coaching/training staff, in fact reserve a plot at Thornhill, so he never leaves Welsh soil......
As for our coaching staff, it’s a change that shouldn’t have taken this long. Bye.
As for current signings, all a bit bland, nothing wrong with that, as long as this year the players returning turn up and gel together within weeks of the season starting, build points early, as unlike last year, this year some of our rivals may just have decent squads and the run in will be much more tense than last year. We’ve had the NHL hard nut star, who turned out to be a bit of a tart. We’ve had the experienced players, who unfortunately passed out most nights. I’d like our unknown announcements to be of a young group of really hungry talented guys, unfortunately that’s unlikely with our current recruiting methods. I’m not getting excited, the repetitive style of leaving player announcements in the manner the club does isn’t backed up by the product, if we’d signed a current NHL player, yes absolutely shout it out in the current manner, but we aren’t going to sign that calibre of player, so what is the point continuing the style year on year. I’d prefer to announce the whole squad at a presentation style event in the rink. Make an event of it, meet the team etc etc.

Devil_Abroad

Sorry mate you don’t say it as it is, you say it as you see it, there’s a huge difference thankfully. If Josh stays fit this season he will be just dandy, obviously Lordo knows that, and he is the Messiah. I honestly think Josh will have a standout season this coming, and let’s face it every team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.
Putting aside for a second that there is only one Messiah, and that is Jesus, totally agree otherwise. You cannot have a team full of stand out high earning pedigree players. A team is made up of different parts and each part is necessary. Batch is quality for a 4th line energy power forward. Well happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

Tell me how josh has improved?? He's been here years now and I don't see any change at all. Barely fights barely hits hardly ever scores. No intimidation facer at all.
Because how often someone fights, hits and scores is how you rate a player. You must think Richardson is rubbish.

I think people forget how important a role Batch played at the start of the season. Then he got injured and Moore got injured and we lost that 4th for most of the season.
By the end of the season though Batch was playing a key role for us again. That goal against Coventry was huge and he was a constant pest on the ice throwing big hits to wear down the opposition D.

Personally I’m delighted Batch is back and hopefully it won’t be long until Myers is confirmed as completing our Brit pack of returnees.