Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Mazzoak

An improved roaster, sure, let’s see how it shapes up, especially after the CHL, which I’m not convinced we can compete against.

SteveKing

To be honest, I might be more excited by this signing than any other this year (which is saying something). We have good relationships with a few current AHL players and they couldn’t believe that we had signed Tom at his age. One of his teammates told us that he was easily the fastest player on Laval last year. Also a great guy and leader as evidenced by captaining an NCAA championship team. I’m sure there will be a transition given he’s never played outside of North America but I really believe that he could be a special player for us. Welcome to Cardiff Tom!

He has some serious talent and he can absolutely dance defenders at the blue line. He is such a confidence player.

I really hope he hits the ground running here. He could be a really special player in this league.

Was there any reason for the delay in announcing the signing Steve?

That should get rid of the naysayers and debbie downers for a few weeks.

This squad looks special. I dont think Ive been this excited to see the season start in years. The fact that we could interchange any player in the top 9, or any of the 6 defense pairings shows just how much depth we have right now.

OJLloyd

A terrific coup for this club to sign someone like Parisi at his age, and considering the potential options he surely had open to him in North America and the rest of Europe.

Gutted to see Strachan not returning, as he was an outstanding player in our league and someone I enjoyed watching every time he iced.

But some pretty decent chaps in that D now, so no complaints here!

What an absolute coup! I'm excited by this signing big time! With him and Fournier plus the increased goals in our forwards I think we're looking great this year!

Fair play to the poster who predicted the last 3!

linglet maybe takes it for me as the player I'm excited to see the most!

Kevlar68

Not seen the poster who predicted it on here for a while, wonder if they can predict the scores of some games for a little bet considering he was strangely spot on with all 3 :D

Last edited:

Finny

I’m not sure ‘predict’ is the correct word.
More ‘repeated’.

It’s a shame these three signings were leaked and then made public as it did hinder the WOW factor they should have created.

Also a shame that certain posters on here leapt to accuse others of being the leak without any evidence. Will they now apologise?