Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

bdevil

Just want to put this out there.. Reddick, Louis, Paris and Richie all shoot right. So did Scott Hotham. Andrew however shoots left. More chance of Andrew returning than Scott id say.

Wannabe2

What a great latest signing, welcome to Cardiff Mr Bryce Reddick, this guy looks pure class, how good are we shaping up. More firepower again to add to the Arsenal we already have, this squad is going to be a pure joy to watch, strange I know but he looks like a Defence Man version of Brent Walton. One thing is for certain, I am surely going to get my money's worth this season, and that's two on the bounce how spoilt are we. 2/3 now to go, well played Lordo, great job as always.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

d20

We may still sign Andrew Hotham if he doesn't get a deal in Europe.

Patrick Asselin may not come now could be that now they are due another baby anytime soon he sits out the year like he did before he signed with us ,be a shame love to have him back .

Wacey Rabbit rumours seems odd we see a pick of him training with Faryna weeks ago on Twitter with comments of "building chemistry " and "besties " yet nothing since and no announcements from the club ,eliteprospects has him as signed with someone on 19 June and today he puts out " officially official " so maybe something happened in regards to his signing or maybe we couldn't sign him for some reason but I guess something has come up recently ,he still follows champions hockey league ,Cardiff Devils and mark Louis on his twitter ??? So I guess we'll soon see .

Devil_Abroad

We may still sign Andrew Hotham if he doesn't get a deal in Europe.

Patrick Asselin may not come now could be that now they are due another baby anytime soon he sits out the year like he did before he signed with us ,be a shame love to have him back .

Wacey Rabbit rumours seems odd we see a pick of him training with Faryna weeks ago on Twitter with comments of "building chemistry " and "besties " yet nothing since and no announcements from the club ,eliteprospects has him as signed with someone on 19 June and today he puts out " officially official " so maybe something happened in regards to his signing or maybe we couldn't sign him for some reason but I guess something has come up recently ,he still follows champions hockey league ,Cardiff Devils and mark Louis on his twitter ??? So I guess we'll soon see .
Maybe Giants?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

osh

So, nearly 6 hrs on from the announcement of Bryce Reddick joining us, it would appear that most of us aren't particularly impressed by our latest signing ( apart from Wannabe2 of course who would have been impressed if we had brought back Trent Andison or Robert Millete ! Joke ) First off, I welcome him to the club and hope he can go on to dispel my doubts as to his quality, and would love to be proven wrong, but I was really expecting a bigger status signing to be honest. I don't think we have improved too much from those who played for us last season, if at all overall, and it's always expected that we should improve year on year. Hope very much to be proven wrong.

Wannabe2

I would put good money on Hotham and Patty being the joint final signings to round off an exceptional offseason.
At least I hope so.
That would certainly be the icing on the cake, if Asselin and Andrew comes back, then wow wow wow, how good are we. I really couldn't care less who anyone else is signing, we are the Red Army, stand in our way at your own peril.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

You need to have an open mind when it comes to new signees. Give them an opportunity to show themselves. No 2 leagues are the same but i'm sure the management has done their homework on each new player. I would prefer to have a' tough' player like Bordy too but the game is changing. Having said that, there should be enough toughness on this team. As a team and organization , you don't know what you have until you get yourself once around the league. Have the other teams gotten better over the summer ? We don't know but it will be fun watching. There is a lot of flexibility with this team and I believe overall team speed is better than last year as well. Asselin and A.Hotham will be back without question and Scott Hotham will or has retired. None have been announced but will be in the very near future .Just my opinion. This team now has a legimate 4th line which allows the coaching staff a lot more flexibility and allows some players minutes to be monitored more closely.

ASHIPP

O/s release states 1 import defenceman and 2 import forwards to sign still.

Fingers crossed for the return of two players plus a new addition. Some more news next week it seems!

Think the Club have done a fantastic job keeping a major portion of last year's winning team and securing what appear to be quality, exciting new additions. .....in what appears to be a difficult recruiting climate for various reasons. Several EIHL coaches have said that recruiting has been challenging this Summer.

Last edited:

jenks33

So, nearly 6 hrs on from the announcement of Bryce Reddick joining us, it would appear that most of us aren't particularly impressed by our latest signing ( apart from Wannabe2 of course who would have been impressed if we had brought back Trent Andison or Robert Millete ! Joke ) First off, I welcome him to the club and hope he can go on to dispel my doubts as to his quality, and would love to be proven wrong, but I was really expecting a bigger status signing to be honest. I don't think we have improved too much from those who played for us last season, if at all overall, and it's always expected that we should improve year on year. Hope very much to be proven wrong.
I think some fans just feel that it's a bit of a left field signing. To be honest when I was waiting for Eliteprospects to load I expected to see plenty of AHL/ECHL experience with impressive stats. His stats are very mixed though and you wouldn't exactly say he looks proven in top leagues.
I'm guessing Lordo has ignored stats to a degree on this one and has gone by references. Looking at his highlights and interviews he seems like a bit of a jack in the box with plenty of energy. I wouldn't be surprised if Lordo has had great references about reddick's infectious character and thinks he will be a good fit in the dressing room. And that he will hopefully chip in with a few points of course.

That's my hunch anyway

Wannabe2

Very very bad quote dude, this guy is pure class try comparing him to Martin Lindman if comparing from the past. If loving everything this wonderful club does is wrong, then I don't want to be right. We are on the crest of a wave at the moment and I for one are going to enjoy the ride, try it it's pretty neat. I have knocked heads with Bob face to face, I have knocked heads with Ragan face to face, it gets tiring after a while, and Jesus the rest feels mighty nice. I know it's a joke, and this guy will prove you wrong he is class, as for improving ,well last season we were hoping for the league title, this season I can't see anyone coming close to taking it off us, and how good does that feel. We are one very very good team this season, if you can cut a player of Doucets class you are in one heathy position. Anyway I can't wait, I am expecting, and I will not be disappointed.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

jenks33

Very very bad quote dude, this guy is pure class try comparing him to Martin Lindman if comparing from the past. If loving everything this wonderful club does is wrong, then I don't want to be right. We are on the crest of a wave at the moment and I for one are going to enjoy the ride, try it it's pretty neat. I have knocked heads with Bob face to face, I have knocked heads with Ragan face to face, it gets tiring after a while, and Jesus the rest feels mighty nice. I know it's a joke, and this guy will prove you wrong he is class, as for improving ,well last season we were hoping for the league title, this season I can't see anyone coming close to taking it off us, and how good does that feel. We are one very very good team this season, if you can cut a player of Doucets class you are in one heathy position. Anyway I can't wait, I am expecting, and I will not be disappointed.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
How do you know he's class though? Have you seen much of him? Genuine question. I hope he's class obviously

HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Lord wanted Douce back, Douce chose to leave! I'm desperate for A.Hoth and Asselin back now... I don't even want anyone else new! If we lose either, I'll be gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milky

Not really. You may be surprised to know that not all Devils fans are on the Inferno.

And as regards to expectations, remember that Joey Martin was signed originally as a 2nd/3rd line centre. That signing worked out quite well I guess.

Wannabe2

Lord wanted Douce back, Douce chose to leave! I'm desperate for A.Hoth and Asselin back now... I don't even want anyone else new! If we lose either, I'll be gutted.

Why would Doucet want to leave the league champions and the EIHL number 1 team, he loved Cardiff big time. Find that hard to believe.

jenks33

I'm not sure Lordo wanted Doucet back myself. I think he loved Doucet as a person but his inconsistency probably drove him crazy. Let's be honest, second half of the season more often than not Doucet was the import signing that was left out