Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2017/18

You'd need 1 under 23 player to run 4 full lines, if my maths is correct
We already have that in Moore don't we?
This u23 rule is bad. Pulls players from lower leagues where they'd get a lot of ice time. And expect them to develop in elite league where they won't really ice. Maybe lower teams it may be different. But upper teams will rely on imports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

A new D man. We will go with 5 import D, new guy will replace Scott Hotham and make us all think Andrew isn't coming back until he's announced as the last signing. Batch and Moore both forwards next year.

That's my guess.
Who is Drew Paris replacing then?

Jonesy83

We already have that in Moore don't we?
This u23 rule is bad. Pulls players from lower leagues where they'd get a lot of ice time. And expect them to develop in elite league where they won't really ice. Maybe lower teams it may be different. But upper teams will rely on imports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I think 1 U23 per team is fine, 2 is more than enough, 3 is way OTT.

Rempel16

Looks a good signing. I initially thought that's the end of the Hotham brothers, but they seemed keen to put in the last line that there's one more defenceman to sign, plus at least one more forward.

Looks like Batch is playing up front this year, with a spare import.

Can't see an out enforcer signed this season now!!
We will rely on batch and Louis for that along with faryna!
No hothams either by the looks of it

And if we do have Andrew hotham back wow!
Look at the points our d men can put up..

august04

Assuming Andrew Hotham and Asselin will return, that's us done isn't it? Personally I was hoping we'd sign a younger tough guy who could play but that doesn't look likely now unless we run with a spare import.

ASHIPP

Assuming Andrew Hotham and Asselin will return, that's us done isn't it? Personally I was hoping we'd sign a younger tough guy who could play but that doesn't look likely now unless we run with a spare import.
They could still do that. We don't know if Lordo and Morissette are going to share playing so one is always on the bench, or Morissette could be bench/injury cover or they might just sign a spare import and rotate. This might suggest that both Batchy and Craig will be forwards this season. We certainlt have decent flexibility in positions this season.

Hoping very much that Azzy and Andrew Hotham are returning.

Today's signing looks like a speedy, puck carrying defenceman with a great eye for goal - Gleason Fournier style. Welcome to Cardiff, Bryce.

Jonesy83

Personally I'd be disappointed if we don't sign / have a high quality tough guy in the team.

But I suppose it's worth remembering that Bordeleau was only signed / announced right before the season started and missed all of pre season and we had a full roster on paper when he joined.